06 Civic Fog Light Install Guide (pics!)

SonicK20Z

5+ Year Member
Hey, I am new here! I have a few pics in the other forum, and yesterday I installed the OEM fogs. I took pics along the way and wanted to share to hopefully help out other members here. I hope I am posting this in the right place, if not , could a moderator please move this for me? Thanks!

This is for all of you with 06 Civics who plan on getting the fogs but would prefer to do it yourself on the install (I'm sure the labor quote isn't a pretty one). Note: This guide is based on an Si, and may be slightly different for other trims. If you have any questions, please refer to the instruction manual provided with the kit.

Feel free to ask any questions or for more in depth detail on any step. And if you have any other suggestions or comments to add please post them up as well! Hope you find this helpful. Oh yea, please excuse the dirty car! =)

Disclaimer: These are the pics I took of nearly almost every step while following the provided installation guide. These pics are not a substitute for the actual installation instructions and should not be treated as such. They are only for a visual tool to aid and assist you in your installation. I am not responsible if you mess up along the way. :D

There are 30 pics in all.

EDIT: The following img is looking up under the dash while lying on your back. The fuse box would be to the right and the center console to the left from this view.

The end!

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
very nice :thumbs up and welcome to the site ;) i love the car

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EXCELLENT!!! this is def. sticky material, but the more stickies we get, i'll just make a new post with links..

i knew that spot was for the fog light switch button, dood at the dealer told me they just auto turn on with your headlights and that there isn't a fog light button, i was kind of pissed cuz i wasn't sure being that its a new car and there is lots to learn about it...

again, EXCELLENT WRITE UP :woot: :banana: very detailed :thumup:

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow I am glad I let the dealer install mine, didnt know it was that complicated, (I dont need anyone telling me its not complicated all things are relevant, I am on day 3 of my lawn mower assemply as we speak) props on the write up though.

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That looks 56.7 times better and also a nice DIY!!!

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Cool beans, but had you of had the dealer do it, then the fogs would be covered with teh warranty of the car, but now there's only a 1 year parts warranty on them, but nice job none the less.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how much the whole foglight kit cost u?

C6H12O6 said:
how much is it at the dealer to get it installed?
i checked honda.com and the foglights' MSRP $319, Installation costs not included.' how ever much they charge is waaaaaaay to much IMO if u can do it yourself for free.

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
out of curiosity i went to the dealer and asked how much they were. 319 for the fog lights, as mentioned above, and 400 for installation. i was THIS close to busting that guy's face in. really nice job on the step by step process, you just saved me 400 bucks.

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I asked a dealership down here and they said the cheapest they could go was $351 installed (had an inside man get me the price). But they were asking for $800 installed which would equate to $449 in labor for you mathematically challenged folks.

In any case, I told them hell no. I remember finding a pair for ~$150 somewhere on the net that claimed they were OEM fitment.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
tnk said:
...i checked honda.com and the foglights' MSRP $319, Installation costs not included.' how ever much they charge is waaaaaaay to much IMO if u can do it yourself for free.
could i have said it any better?! :what:

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The PDF i downloaded for the foglights said i need to know the anti-theft code for my radio.

where the hell do i find that and why do i need it - since you disconnect the battery when you install this anyway.

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sion0x said:
The PDF i downloaded for the foglights said i need to know the anti-theft code for my radio.

where the hell do i find that and why do i need it - since you disconnect the battery when you install this anyway.
The anit-theft code for the radio should be on a little card included with your owner's manual, warranty manual, masterbation manual, etc. etc. You should've gotten it all when you bought the vehicle. If not, head back to the dealership and get it from them.

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oOOooh...sweet! how much did you get the kit for? i'm shopping around for them.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DuH-ReL said:
oOOooh...sweet! how much did you get the kit for? i'm shopping around for them.
tnk said:
i checked honda.com and the foglights' MSRP $319, Installation costs not included.' how ever much they charge is waaaaaaay to much IMO if u can do it yourself for free.