06 Civic Fog Light Install Guide (pics!)

pachizeron

5+ Year Member
What you did with your car was amazing! Thanks for posting and being very detailed. Now, this is what I want to do with my car!

Kain881

5+ Year Member
just askin...whats the difference if u buy oem fog lights from honda and just a pair of fog light on ebay which is more cheaper? i guess the quality? but does it matter if i buy the ebay fog light since im gonna buy hid kid for the fog light. like im looking for one right now ... i dont kno where to get one.. as for installation i got my contacts. but getting one is .. i dont kno where i can get a good quality one.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
quality is one difference yes..lots of people dont have a problem, but ive heard of some that are missing a wire, and the button color is slightly off. and also the ebay ones you can turn on without the headlights being on. the OEM ones you cant, but there isnt a fog light indicator on the dash with the ebay fogs either.

Kain881

5+ Year Member
wait wiat i dont get it.. i have a 09 civic sedan and on my dash i dont have any thing such as fog light button so if i buy the oem one.. will there be a fog light indicator button but if yes where am i puttin it on my dash lol?unless im gonna have to do sometihng to it to make it connected when i open my low beam?
thats that things thats been bothering me after seeing the pictures on '' his dashboard '' there is a spot for the fog light button but on my civic 4door sedan 09 dx-g i dont see any >.> weird ... so its either i start my car and the fogs are already on automatically? or iunno? .

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your mirror switch is on the door, yes. but above the left pocket there should be some blanks, or a plate to take out, the OEM fog light kit (not sure about the ebay ones) comes with the whole piece to go in there with 3 blanks and a fog light switch.

Kain881

5+ Year Member
hmm iunno ima take some picture and post it there.. but ya there is a small rectangle hole that i can put stuff in it near my steering wheel on my left .. anyway ill post some pic lol.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ohhhh wait i know, you have two little cubby's on the left side right? you replace the top cubby (the one thats longer from left to right) with the button set.

Kain881

5+ Year Member
there.

where can i put the fog light buttons? O.o

Last edited by a moderator:

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
better yet, this is what it will look like. the switch panel comes with OEM kit, not sure about ebay. but this is what it looks like stock on the si because they have VSA, all other model sedans come with an extra cubby there.

Kain881

5+ Year Member

is it the empty whole? that u see in the center? i mean u can really put the fog light button on it? O.o i though it was just there to put wathever u want lol!

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it is there to put what you want in it, you have to replace the cubby from the back, it just unscrews. then you put in the bracket that holds the switches

i happen to have a pic of the switch blanks and bracket that my kit came with.

Kain881

5+ Year Member
wow thanks alot for helping me out that much =) also. im guessing your fog lights are oem too right? so directly stock from honda? how much they sellling it for O.o just wondering.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they used to be, i now have projectors in them with an HID kit. i got it for 169 shipped on ebay like 3 years ago lol. try collegehillshonda.com

Kain881

5+ Year Member
some people actually bought fog lights from ebay?? i just wonder why on ebay its 50-60$ but ive seen some... on like other website for honda and its like 130-200$ for a pair of fog lights? mind telling me why the huge difference price between them? i just wanna kno why is it so much cheaper.. dont tell me its really the quality of the fog if it is.. quality of what? the bulbs? what if u ur buying a hid kit for the fog light will change everything

Kain881

5+ Year Member
and iunno why i think ive looked enough on google.. ends up to that. . 06-08 civic fog lights will not fit a 09 .. the 09 have their own fog lights made for it... oem fog light 09 starting at 246$ >.> ouff.. gawd..
is it true that 06-08 fog lights doesnt fit on the 09? or its just a lie to make us buy the 09 one.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
heh..didnt realize you have an 09 lol. yeah they are different. your front bumper is different, not sure if they have aftermarket fogs for it yet.