06 Civic Fog Light Install Guide (pics!)

Kain881

5+ Year Member
dam >.> mines are 246 and u guys fogs are like 50-80$ on ebay :( but just wondering those on ebay 50-80$ are those trustful? i mean if theres fog lights for 09 on ebay and sellin for like 50-80$ in the future
are those trustful fog lights? cuz i sitll see some 50-80$ 06-08 fog light on ebay and on other website like 140-200 for 06-08.

Kain881

5+ Year Member
and why... the 06-08 wont work with the 09 bumper? i mean its fog lights.. its the same thing no? all u have to do is install it and cut some hole for it.. does the having the 09 civic bumper really change everything so that 06-08 fog lights wont work on them?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the wiring will be the same, but brackets and crap isnt. the 06-8 sedan has a plastic piece that has to be put in.

personally, id rather spend the extra money knowing i have a good quality wiring and crap. which is why i did.

Kain881

5+ Year Member
so basically if you buy one from ebay and one that is more expensive on a procivic.com or whatever.. you can see the difference in quality? like a big one in terms of lightin and of how the fog lights its made?

Kain881

5+ Year Member
so basicaly what ur telling me if u buy any other fog lights from either ebay or other website they are all the same thing , only the OEM one is the best quality and the others that are not oem its basically bad quality and same thing? even tho big difference in price ?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not necessarily bad quality. just not as good, i would trust procivic more than ebay because if something is messed up with them, or missing, you can always call them and get it straigtened out through customer service, most ebay you are just screwed. but im pretty sure there is just 1 or 2 companies making the aftermarket fogs, and other companies just buy from them and sell them.

Kain881

5+ Year Member
well ya procivic its oem fog lights , but would u trust k2motor.com? cuz apparently they sell fog lights for like less than 80$ and good quality even tho its not oem thats what it says on the website and its for a friend of mine cuz he has a 07 civic and need fog light lol. so im like..well apparently the price is 239.99 but on sale for 69.95 O.o http://www.k2motor.com/06up.html just wondering if my friends should get them. lol. like i siad im just a new guy into the aftermarkets stuff lol.

doing a research for his fog light too. my 09 civic sedan fog light can wait >.> kind of too expensive for now lol.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the k2 is the ebay brand. like i said, they work ok minus the couple of differences. and everyonce in a while ive heard of them coming with missing wires and stuff. but ive only seen maybe 3 cases of that

Kain881

5+ Year Member
k2 is the ebay brand O.O !!?? on ebay its like 50-80$ and on k2 its like 150 but on special of 50-80 O.o

lol so you would say procivic.com would be more appropriate to get the fog lights?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Magic420

5+ Year Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-FOG-LIGHT-LIGHTS-YELLOW-FOR-06-07-HONDA-CIVIC-2D-SI_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45eee00776QQitemZ300360402806QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

first one from my search of "06 civic fog lights" look at the seller name.

they will both work fine really, but procivic will probably have better customer service. but then again, for $60 you gotta think..its prob worth it to try them out.

Hey, Are the Fog Light Bulbs Low or Hi Beam?? because I am trying to get hid kit for my fog lights..

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
umm..fog lights are neither high nor low beam. fog lights are fog lights. OEM fogs for the 8th gen use H11 size bulbs. if you have aftermarket fogs, it might be the same..

temkia

5+ Year Member

could i have said it any better?! :what:
2006 Honda Civic Highlight Specifications

Technical Specs
Equipment
Safety

GENERAL INFORMATION
2006 Honda Civic DX
Type Sedan
Passengers 5
Doors 4
PRICE
Civic DX
Price $ 16,980
Transport and PDI $ 1,225
MECHANICAL
Civic DX
Engine 1.8L L4 SOHC 16 valves
HP (hp@rpm) 140 @ 6300
Torque (lb.ft@rpm) 128 @ 4300
Drivetrain Front-wheel drive
Transmission 5 speed manual
Opt. Transmission #1 5 speed automatic
Brakes Front disc/rear drum
ABS Std
Power Steering Std
Front Suspension Independent
Rear Suspension Independent
COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
Civic DX
Air Conditioning -
Cruise Control -
Power Locks -
Power Windows Std
Power Mirrors Std
Adjustable Steering Manual tilt / telescopic
FUEL CONSUMPTION
Civic DX
Manual Transmission
city / highway
(L/100 km) 7.8 / 5.7
Automatic Transmission
city / highway
(L/100 km) 8.2 / 5.7
DIMENSIONS, CAPACITY AND WEIGHT
Civic DX
Length (mm) 4,489
Width (mm) 1,752
Height (mm) 1,435
Wheelbase (mm) 2,700
Curbweight (kg) 1,199
Trunk Size (L) 340
Fuel Tank Capacity (L) 50
CO2 EMISSIONS
Civic DX
Manual Transmission (KG/year) 3312
Automatic Transmission (KG/year) 3408
WARRANTIES
Civic DX
General
(years / km) 3 / 60,000
Powertrain
(years / km) 5 / 100,000
Perforation Corrosion
(years / km) 5 / Unlimited
Roadside Assistance
(years / km) 3 / 60,000

zuni10

5+ Year Member
I was kind of pissed cuz i wasn't sure being that its a new car and there is lots to learn about it...
again, EXCELLENT WRITE UP

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hello,

i'm needing some help with the install in my cousin's car, it is a 2007 civic si sedan using the cheapest kit on ebay. it didn't come with an extra plug for other accessories...everything seemed to be plug and play except for 2 wires.

a white/red to fuse
a red/white to the switch/relay

the oem instructions say to plug the white/red into the empty slot in the 34 pin connector next to the brown wire, so we did that. then it says to plug the "blue" one into the one next to it. so we did that.

the problem is that right now the fog switch is constantly illuminated, hence it is constantly drawing power and can be turned on even without turning on the parking lights. so my question is what do i need to do to make it only illuminate when the key is inserted?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well thats the thing about aftermarket stuff, it doesnt work like OEM, with the ebay fogs you can turn them on without having the headlights on, and there are no lights on the dash letting you know its on.

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah... but the switch shouldn't be constantly illuminated. that's just silly.