06 Head Unit Install

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK, I got some if it done, I just have to put the dash in my car. But here are some pics and stuff...

Dash part number 77250-SNA-A01ZA
Dash kit Scosche HA1563
Antenna Harness 08B01-SNA-100

I had to mod the factory dash piece a little but to get the Scosche piece to fit right.

I had to grind down two spots on the dash, so the clips would go in right...

This is how it looks when the kit is in...

And with the head unit in...

To take the dash apart, go here http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/8th_gen_civ_sedan/cdtuner.pdf (Link found by xtv-sidecar - 8thgencivic.com)

I took some pictures of taking the dash apart, but these instructions are 100 times better than mine.

I still need to get an antenna adapter, I overlooked that part :(.

To get the AC controls off is easy too. Just inscrew the 4 screws from the back, then if you push on the center of the dials, they will pop off.

Here is the final pics (Kind of Crappy because it was at night)

I couldn't find a factory harness for it either, and the one that fits the 7th gen does not fit the 8th gen. I used T-taps, tapped into all the wires I needed. I hate the thought of chopping off the factory plug.

(This was posted by jterry, 8thgencivic.com) - I just figured it would be good to have all the info in one Thread...
Thanks to "thepencil" @ the 12volt.com forum for this information.
For anyone who needs it here it is.

Radio 12v white + radio harness
Radio Ground black - radio harness
Radio Ignition purple + radio harness
Radio Illumination gray or red/black + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on lt. blue + radio harness
Power Antenna gray + radio harness
LF Speaker +/- lt. green - pink +,- radio harness or amp under ctr dash
Notes: On vehicles with the amplifier, the LF tweeter wires are red (+) - green (-).
RF Speaker +/- gray - brown +,- radio harness or amp under ctr dash
Notes: On vehicles with the amplifier, the RF tweeter wires are pink (+) - blue (-).
LR Speaker +/- yellow - brown +,- radio harness or amp under ctr dash
RR Speaker +/- blue - orange +,- radio harness or amp under ctr dash
Notes: On vehicles with the amplifier, the subwoofer wires are green (+) - red (-).

tim

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good!

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NICE! i was wondering when and how it'd be done...

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good. Too bad you couldn't invert it so the pocket was on the top. That way the monitor would fill that area when opened.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looking good, cant wait to see her done. Be sure to post, before and after pics!

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
Looks good. Too bad you couldn't invert it so the pocket was on the top. That way the monitor would fill that area when opened.
It works both ways, but I like to be able to use the pocket, and with the monitor in the way you can't. But it will work either way.

Hopefully I will get it in the car tomorrow, I still have to swap out all the buttons and stuff from my old dash.

tim

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbs up If i were you i would put your head unit on the bottom slot so it wont be so high when its open. looks really nice though! nice job

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just updated my post. I think everything you need to do the install is in there. Any questions just ask. And I will take better pics in the day. I also mounted a switch in the pocket of the dash kit (To overide the ebrake having to be up to watch dvds). It was a pretty easy install, only thing that would have made it easier is if it had a wire harness available.

tim

emokidd

5+ Year Member
omg dude that is so nice. good job man
is that just a dvd and music player? or does it have navi too?

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks! It's the Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD. No navigation, just DVD / MP3 / WMA / CDs.

tim

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

WOW what a difference nice man

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
much better, I HATE the way the factory system looks... GOOD JOB!

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, f**kin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! looks great man.

great thing about those type of in-dash DVD players in the new 8th gen is that its not blocking any of the vents!

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks SeanJohn. Yah I had it in my 01 and it blocked the vents, I didn't like the thought of hot air blowing on it either.

SiRcivic27, I payed just under 50 bucks for it. I think I got it from Hondapartsdeals.com I don't remember the website off the top of my head.

tim

06Si_mon

5+ Year Member
Yo this thred helped me out a lot. i spent 5 hours tryin to get my dash apart and i didn't do it until i followed your link. the wire guid helped a lot too. thanks again man