'07 Civic Engine Mount issue?

Shafaqat Ali

Hi

I have started feeling a vibration in car steering when engine is cold and only when in reverse, little bit vibration when in drive but no vibration when Idle.

Looks like engine mount issue, following link says there are at least 4 type of engine mounts, which one could be related to my issue?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?156800-Remove-Replace-Ek-engine-mounts

I also checked the gap between driving side engine mount and the body, gap would be close to 1mm. A credit card can't go easily in the gap.
see the picture.

upload_2016-6-1_21-32-37.png

Attachments

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That picture is so close up that I cant distinguish what I'm looking at. Your issue may be more the transmission mount that the engine mounts. Get in there and visually inspect each one. Its obviously visible when they're worn out. By the way, that link is for '96-'00 Civics and not your generation so its not accurate.

Shafaqat Ali

Thank you for your reply, Image is from driving side motor mount, i will try to find out where the transmission mount is.

Contacted honda for this part and they quoted me AU$324, Did I ask for the right part?

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First of all, you have not yet determined anything to clearly be the problem. it would be in your best interest to do so before blindly ordering parts you may not even need. Secondly, you haven't said anything besides "driving side motor mount", and have provided no part numbers or even clearly identifiable pictures, so we have no information to confirm anything otherwise.

Shafaqat Ali

detailed images added.
Parts would not be ordered until I go to mechanic and get confirmation, Idea to post on the forum was to get some knowledge and see if it is not something unique happened to my car.

When I asked honda for the quote, I gave them VIN and model detail, they may or may not understand what I am looking for that's why I will see mechanic and get him order the right parts.

Attachments

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not familiar with this generation of Civic, but I see nothing wrong. I already suggested what you should do that is what any mechanic will do. Listening to suggestions are how you can gain knowledge. If you cant do something as simple as visually inspecting the mounts then its best you do seek a competent mechanic. Good luck.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree with HeX about blindly ordering parts. I would check ALL of your engine mounts. The mount that would make you feel any kind of vibration the most would be the rear lower mount, below the exhaust manifold (next to the P/S motor) on the subframe. That mount is most commonly the weak point in the 8th Gen Civics (esp the Si's).

What I would do, is visually look at EVERY mount for breakage. There's 4 mounts I believe... One holding the transmission to the frame, one on the rear subframe (mentioned above in my post...), one below the intake manifold (bolts to the subframe, behind the radiator), and one on the timing belt side of the engine.