07 suspension lift

crnighthawk

I recently got a good deal on a set of 20" Lenso rims with Falken fk452 rubber (245 35zr20 95y), color even matches the car.
Put them on my 07 ex....looks fantastic...but rubs the edge of the fenders on the rear and the inner wells on the front....just slightly and over bumps.
I looked into coilovers and other options to raise the car a few inches (as i dont want to roll the fenders) and when i saw the price said "spring boosters it is!"
I put a set of boosters all round and the front was fine...the rear still rubbed on bumps so i threw another set in the rear. this seems to have fixed it all around.
Is there any safety or wear/ride problems with running two sets on the same coil?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
please post a picture of your car

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pic doesn't work...

20's on a civic? The hell, you think it's a donk? 20s look horrid unless you plan to cut, and bag the car.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never seen a lifted civic.

Looks pretty ridiculous. lol

but hey if you like it then props.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It could look worse and only think it kind of works is because the Civic got bigger and beefier than previous generations.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:crazy: you're doing it wrong

It could look worse and only think it kind of works is because the Civic got bigger and beefier than previous generations.
True, but 20's on an 8th gen is still like 18's on a 6th gen.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
reminds me of small asian wanna be gangsters wearing long tee's and size 12 Jordans

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks better than the rest of you guy's trying to make your cars look stock. my grandma is the master of having a stock looking honda. load it up for church and she's slammed in her 89 civic sedan.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had to triple take when I saw the name of this thread.

This thread is full of no.

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
personally I'll suggest you to let it with stock suspension and trade the 20" for somes 17, or also you could do some fenders work, another possible solution would be to use smaller tires to stretch them on the rim and get some clearance between wheel and fender

crnighthawk

fender roll

I've decided to go with a rear fender roll...took it to a bodyshop and they foun i will have enough clearance doing it that way....cool i can lower it again....stage one complete......

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you're going to lift it, get rid of the 20's and pick up a set of rally wheels/tires.

AndrewPicon

I've decided to go with a rear fender roll...took it to a bodyshop and they foun i will have enough clearance doing it that way....cool i can lower it again....stage one complete......
get some different wheels man. some deep dish and have a vip look! :D