08 civic sub install, no start, no crank

Achauha3560

I have. 2008 exl. I tried to install a sub and amp. The amp power fuse wasn't even connected and I tried to move the car but now won't start. I installed the REM wire by splicing the violet wire from the stereo, the ground is in the trunk. The stereo needed a code to reset and all electrical is working. The car does not turn over. Help!

my93civic

Are both cables connected to the battery?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
On most head units, purple is speaker wire, and blue is the REM wire. You should be able to run the blue wire on the head unit right to the amp.

It sounds like you may have a grounding issue somewhere, why is your battery ground located in the trunk? It should be as close to the battery as possible.

EDIT: Or do you mean the amp's ground wire is in the trunk? Lots of trunk bolts are painted, so make sure the ground is making wire to metal contact, and not wire to paint.

Achauha3560

The amp can go to hell at this point. Just need my car running. Car won't start.

woopah

Check the fuse under the hood that look like it's giving you the finger. They like to blow well, whenever... 38231-SDA-A01