$100 Plasti-Dip Paint Job

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Car used to be Silver but the paint got really bad so I decided to simply fix it myself =)

s***ty iPhone pics, and it's not a legit paint job but I always wanted a white Civic lol

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks good, do you have before pics? how long does it take to be driven again? I've been thinking of doing the same, my paint is damaged but right now I don't want to spend money on paint, but my car is black and I'm thinking of painting it flat black

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I used this s**t on my EJ8's interior components. I followed the directions, did about 5 coats, and let it sit for the appropriate time periods in between. It lasted pretty well about a year, then it began to peel kind of bad. DipYourCar.com has a bunch of info on it.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
This stuff sucks if you don't do it thick enough (made that mistake on my wheels).

Car looks good for $100. Though I'm not a fan of matte colors.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes you guys are all right that it does not maintain well for a long period of time. And you have to spray it really thick, I honestly think I have 10-15 coats on it.

This is what the car looked as silver, but definately not as good lol. The paint was really bad when I painted it:

CO671

Registered VIP
You're gonna regret it when it wont wash off well and you get one scratch and peels off easily :(

Not too bad though, good job =)

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You're gonna regret it when it wont wash off well and you get one scratch and peels off easily :(

Not too bad though, good job =)
Can't necessarily regret it if you can just get rid of it when it looks like s**t.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not bad. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
After almost two months, it's getting shitty already LOL.

The thinner coats are fading and need to be retouched.

Charlie5280

Looks solid. Trying to convince my brother and his GF to do this to their 2013 WRX, as it's a lease and it would protect the paint here in CO from rock chips.

mimog3

looks really good, did you use the rattle cans? if yes how many cans did you use, i thought about doing this to my car with the same color. did you spray just the white or did you paint under it with black plasti dip? also right now i have spots where the clear coat has chipped off and was wondering if you had the same thing going on with your paint and if yes did it have any uneven spots that showed in the end result?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks solid. Trying to convince my brother and his GF to do this to their 2013 WRX, as it's a lease and it would protect the paint here in CO from rock chips.
That's a good idea! When I had my Infiniti the grille was blasted by rock chips. I plasti-dipped it before I sold it; looked as good as new! :lol:

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks really good, did you use the rattle cans? if yes how many cans did you use, i thought about doing this to my car with the same color. did you spray just the white or did you paint under it with black plasti dip? also right now i have spots where the clear coat has chipped off and was wondering if you had the same thing going on with your paint and if yes did it have any uneven spots that showed in the end result?
Yeah I used the cans, and I probably bought 15 cans worth.

I just did the white over my original paint. Make sure to smooth out any imperfections because it will show through the dip.

sixwhip14

5+ Year Member
Looks good. I just think it will get dingy looking. I plan on dipping my cd5 in navy blue this spring. It is silver now and my paint is shot as well.

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

I also dipped it. Difference we used a Wagner sprayer and bought in gallons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well some idiot at the bar I work at decided to "accidentally" key my dx. So time to peel the green and back to silver

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
That green looks sick. if i ever get sick of red i might do olive drab lol