BlueSi2000

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that must be good to the air....yum yum polution:2confused

wishitwasSI

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from my friend on aim, actual words

Pimpn 95 Honda (6:02:14 PM): that is unfair, a diesel, running rich enough to cloud the world runs a 12, but our cars are struggling for 15s

i lafed

Neon_ice

security at its finest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i read somwhere that honda is coming out with a deisel motor.

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i heard somewhere that despite the diesel's exhaust color they actually dont emit that much pollution. i honesly dont remember the reasons behind it, but like i said, its just what i herad.

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ahhhhh, propane injection anyone? that was pretty damn cool. and now a short lesson on diesels. the black stuff you see from diesels are called particulates. as you know (or will after i tell you) diesel dont have spark plugs, they are compression ignited. their fuel systems are direct injection and run 10-20x more psi then a normal engine. the way they go through combustion is because the cylinders have so much compression which causes heat and when the fuel is injected the charge ignites itself (the reason for glow plugs to help heat) now since the fuel ignites upon entry, it has little time to mix w/ air and leave an uneven burn with rich pockets, and thats where the particulates come from: a very hot, rich burn. ohh, and diesels cant be leaned out, thats the reason diesels have turbo to put more air in (also the reason they can run propane injection, the diesel form of nitrous). thats why you see the cloud under accel from diesels b/c of the fuel being injected when the pedal is hit with not enough air waiting for turbo spool. but when they hit cruising speed and fully spooled, they are highly efficient.

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oooh yes...my grandpas got a turbo cummins in his dodge, its actually what i learned to drive stick on

POWEREDbyVTEC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my dad has the new ford 6.0 diesel. it hauls ass. its way faster than my moms lexus gs 300(not saying its fast, but still.) and in cali my bro and i raced these kids(they were on their prom date, all dresed in full prom atire) in a manual 6 cyl mustang convirtable, and we blew the doors off of them. it was hilarious. what was ford thinking when they made one of their diesel trucks faster that their "sports car"

wake_rider

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the power stroke is a bad ass engine.... Ford actually owns cummins as well. They just contract it out to Dodge. Damn. 12 seconds. Not bad for a goat.

scottyfordy

Mopar Muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by BlueSi2000
that must be good to the air....yum yum polution:2confused
Diesel engines of today are more efficient than ever. Furthermore, they actually burn cleaner then your every day Honda. Everyone in Europe drives diesel, we in North America still have the misconception that diesel means pollution and low mileage. Technology has been increasing in these motors for a long time, we've just never picked up on it here. But truth be told, they may actually be better.