15x8, 15x7, 16x7 or 16x8 on 2000 civic offset?, tiers? please help

ron burgundy

Hey im new to the forum and I am interested in some opions and what size wheel tier and offset would be prime For my 2000 civic ex
I think I want some 16x7s
Im going for the bbs RS type rim(the deeper the dish the better), but id like them to fit INSIDE the fenders with no problems,
And also if anyone knows of a good place to buy rs rims itd be much appreciated
thos guys set up is exactly what im lookin for

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think one of those similar BBS styles is "only" about $1600 on tire rack lol

Do you want to run retarded stretch and rear camber like the Si in those pics? The caption cracks me up. "Just enough camber for good fitment." No, it's not good fitment, it's just enough camber to stick wheels that don't fit under the rear wells without rubbing lol. The offset, wheel width, tire width/stretch and amount of camber you're willing to run is all related. You should just talk to professionals about it after you decide how silly/sideways you want to run your wheels. I like the tucked look, but just pull the damn fenders and save yourself a lot of money on tires ;)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That one looks so much better to me. I'm probably just old lol

ron burgundy

Whoa! I really appreciate the reply everbody
And to clear some stuff up, I prolly wont be buying genuine bbs's, im just going for that rs style, Enkei 92's are also on the table.

Nice input Hendo" lol to answer ur Q's I really would like them to fit with out so much camber, but if thats what its gunna take ill probably camber the hell outa it, Id just lime my tiers to last alittle while before having to replace, im pretty sure these enkei 92s I was looking at are 16x8 +38? And some were 16x8 +25 or so?
Any thoughts on that?
P.s. I dont want too low pro tiers.
P.p.s. I sort of am just looking to jock this guy lol (red gloss Paint job, 16" rs, but mine would be white n crome dish)
P.p.p.s. I appreciate the replys this is my first post
Thanks for not bein a d**k everybody haha

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Enkei 92 wheel only comes in 15x7 38et or 15x8 25et.

The best sized tires for this wheel are either 195/50/15, 195/55/15, and 205/50/15.

ron burgundy

Thankss for the correction 96romacx,
They must have been what I was lookin at there are also the
No name off brand "cnt" or something on ebay that are the exact rs style and are only 400 for 4 15x8s
Ive been having trouble finding the right 16x8s in my price range, so I may end up with the 15s, whado you guys think will look nice an be PROBLEM FREE(very important)and still look damn GOOOD, does any one have 15s and or 16s and have pros and cons to voice?
Thad be really helpful but all comments are appreciated
P.s. That build is looking very well done so far 96roma, Bravo

ron burgundy

Correction the offbrand rims are
,"cnt" and "jnc"
If u want to cheak them out, very cheap very cool on ebay
Question
1. If I get 15x8, what is a decent offset range?(i probably will have a camber kit keep in mind)
2.could I get some Opions on the 15 vs.16???

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
15x8 with a +20 to +25 offset will fit easiest with a stretched tire mounted, I recommend 195/50/15, and you will most deffinately need to have your fenders rolled and maybe lightly pulled.

The same goes for 16x8 in +20 or +25, but I recommend 205/40/16 for the tire size and also fenders will need to be rolled and pulled.

ron burgundy

Helll yeah, a perfect answer! Thank you sir that'll be all I need from this post. I wish u the best on ur build and hope to hear from u again sometime!