1985 CRX Si Questions

jhar_EK

word
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok i bought a 1985 CRX Si about two years ago and i've been slowly but surely building it. well i dropped that gas tank a few months back and it doesn't have an in-tank fuel pump. well i look under the car for an in-line fuel pump with no luck. where in the hell is the fuel pump? (and yes it is fuel injected so i'm not asking a dumbass question)

ryanM

:rolf: i was just going to ask if it was carb.

you got me :what: i didnt think honda did fuel injection back then.

bacon_bits

5+ Year Member
hondas are not suposed to be fuel injected before the year 1988 , so it might be an engin swap , but then it would have been swaped for fuel injection witch would mean it would have a fuel pump , but idk , it has to be hooked up the retard way , witch would mean they bypassed the fuel pump , so that they didnt have to put a new fuel pump and a new gas tank in , so they probly only re did the hookups on the ends of the lines in the engin bay , its cheaper but it makes it suck up a s**t load of gas and its realy bad for the engin , if that isnt your problem then i dont know what is

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
follow the fuel lines

johnboy27

5+ Year Member
hondas are not suposed to be fuel injected before the year 1988 , so it might be an engin swap , but then it would have been swaped for fuel injection witch would mean it would have a fuel pump , but idk , it has to be hooked up the retard way , witch would mean they bypassed the fuel pump , so that they didnt have to put a new fuel pump and a new gas tank in , so they probly only re did the hookups on the ends of the lines in the engin bay , its cheaper but it makes it suck up a s**t load of gas and its realy bad for the engin , if that isnt your problem then i dont know what is
85-87 civic and crx si's were fuel injected. multi point at that. It is not a swap. Follow the fuel lines back from the motor to the firewall.
Here is an underhood shot of an 87 crx Si .

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the fuel pump is under the car on the driver's side just in front of the fuel tank - has a cover over it