1990 civic hatch (code 9)

kyle hunt

So I've replaced my distributor and I still have this code next thing I've been thinking in doing is getting new wire harness and new ecu. Does anyone think this would fix my issue?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Have you confirmed that the ecu and/or harness is bad?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What motor do you have, what ECU are you using?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What motor do you have, what ECU are you using?
Yes. Provide some details if you want helpful answers. You haven't described the check engine code you have (don't make us look it up for you), and you haven't explained why or how you're reaching your conclusions. Why are you "pretty sure" you have the wrong ECU? Posting pictures wouldn't hurt.

kyle hunt

Yes. Provide some details if you want helpful answers. You haven't described the check engine code you have (don't make us look it up for you), and you haven't explained why or how you're reaching your conclusions. Why are you "pretty sure" you have the wrong ECU? Posting pictures wouldn't hurt.
Motor is a d15b7 with a z6 head on in and the ecu that's in it is a p06 but with the research I've done it should have a p28 right?
It's a (code 9) #1 cylinder position sensor

kyle hunt

I have a broken foot at the moment and my car is in the garage so I can't get to it right now but if i do get to it I'll post pics of the wiring job the previous owner did

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Code 9 is cylinder 1 position sensor, you either have a bad wire or bad position sensor. You can't buy that separate you have to buy a whole dizzy.

When checking the wires, "Check the CYP sensor resistance - spec is 350-700 Ohms. Also check the two CYP wires for a short or open." -RonJ

kyle hunt

Code 9 is cylinder 1 position sensor, you either have a bad wire or bad position sensor. You can't buy that separate you have to buy a whole dizzy.

When checking the wires, "Check the CYP sensor resistance - spec is 350-700 Ohms. Also check the two CYP wires for a short or open." -RonJ
ive replace distributor already and the previous owner spliced almost every wire so im not to familiar with which wires go where and how to test them

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Was it an OEM distributor? Aftermarket ones tend to suck balls. You need to google a wiring diagram for the cylinder position sensor.

scott.lacroix1

So I've replaced my distributor and I still have this code next thing I've been thinking in doing is getting new wire harness and new ecu. Does anyone think this would fix my issue?
What's the code say

U have too live distributor up perfect of car would run out of timming

Sent from my C6530N using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: