1990 Civic Hatch Si l Second Owner | Project

TheSavageAaron

Hello everyone, my name is Aaron as my username would imply!

I am here to share my passion for Hondas/Imports with the rest of you Junkies.

Back in May I was hanging out at the house looking over Craigslist as a typical man does when this "90 Civic Hatch Si Save Me" ad caught my eye. I owned a 90' Red EF Hatch DX a couple years back and kicked myself in the ass for selling it because it was bulletproof and so much fun to drive.

So when I seen this thing I knew I needed to own it. I assumed that for $400 when I opened the ad it was probably going to be s**t wrecked and missing every part known to the chassis but I was mistaken. This was an all original 1 Owner car. It was only ever titled to one owner. Technically I'm the 3rd owner because the guy I got it from never registered it. Everything that came with the car stock is still with the car. Floor Mats/Wheels/Trunk Cover/Mats you name it.

I called the guy and told him if he still had it I would come with Cash tonight. He said he still had it so I told him I would call a friend and organize a trailer and truck. I called my buddy with a truck and he called his buddy with the trailer. My friend Brad didn't hear back from his friend Ryan for about 20 minutes. So in the meantime I called the owner back and told him I was waiting on Ryan to say we could use the trailer. I told him I would call him back when I was ready to leave. So I finally heard back from Brad and he said all was clear that we were good to go. I called the owner once more and he told me that another guy was on his way to look at the car. Wait, WTF!? I JUST SAID I WAS COMING. He said are you for sure coming with a trailer? Yes, yes I am. He said he was going to call the other guy back and ask if he was coming with a trailer and the guy had told him no. So as I'm waiting to hear from him I'm literally shitting my pants thinking I'm going to miss out on a killer deal. Ten or so minutes goes by and he texts me his address! WOOOOOO!

Anyways, the car was in shambles and mostly disassembled when I got to it so I literally sat in his garage and pieced some of it back together so I could at least roll it onto the trailer. I've had the car since May and still haven't put a motor in it. I'm saving for a B16A. I so have some of the essentials at this point though. Innovative Mounts/Innovative Linkage/B&M Shifter and Energy Suspension Bushings.

I'll be starting a build thread at some point. I've already started my receipt book and such.

Also, the overall condition of the car has turned out to be AWESOME. Interior is 9/10 with the exterior being 7/10. I really found a one of a kind deal on this car.

Pictures!

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
Welcome to the site! looks like that hatch has a lot of potential!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh it does! It's just going to take a little longer than I had hoped for. Proper engine swaps are expensive!
That they are. Welcome and good luck!!