1990 Civic hatch si

Sleeper or what?

• Total voters

C9ivic 0hatch si

I have a completely stock 1990 honda civic hatchback si with 74k miles. I don't know where to start if I ever thought out about doing anything to it. I'd just like to get opinions on what you might do to it. My civic has a D - series engine with and 5 speed manual. And when I say completely stock, I mean nothing has been done to it at all.

Attachments

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I cant recall the last time Ive heard of an unmolested all-original 4th gen. Civic Si. That is a rare find, moreso at such low relative mileage. I'd be tempted not to do a thing to it except slap on some 6th gen. Si rims and find the original Si rims to store just to say I have them, and incase you ever come across a Honda nut who wants it.

Come to think of it, Id upgrade the suspension & audio, but nothing drastic for either one. If you go that route, store the original headunit. Id be shocked if original speakers havent deteriorated.

Last edited:

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That is a beautiful find. I thought I was half lucky finding a 96 hatch with no rust for 1,100.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is a beautiful find. I thought I was half lucky finding a 96 hatch with no rust for 1,100.
That is a great buy. Speaking of which, OP, how much did the Si cost you?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Suspension and different wheels, along with a quality, stainless exhaust, call it a day, drive it and enjoy it!

I'd be tempted not to do a thing to it except slap on some 6th gen. Si rims and find the original Si rims to store just to say I have them
Original Si wheels were 14" steel wheels with wheel covers.

C9ivic 0hatch si

That is a great buy. Speaking of which, OP, how much did the Si cost you?
i only paid 500 dollars for it with 54k on it and put 500 in to getting it running

I cant recall the last time Ive heard of an unmolested all-original 4th gen. Civic Si. That is a rare find, moreso at such low relative mileage. I'd be tempted not to do a thing to it except slap on some 6th gen. Si rims and find the original Si rims to store just to say I have them, and incase you ever come across a Honda nut who wants it.

Come to think of it, Id upgrade the suspension & audio, but nothing drastic for either one. If you go that route, store the original headunit. Id be shocked if original speakers havent deteriorated.
I have the original steel rims that came with it, back then they only came with hub caps which I painted black and put back on

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:shockl:$1000 for a running Civic Si with less than 60,000 miles is a great deal.

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In my book, thats a steal too. Unmolested hatchbacks are a rarity for me. Thats why I somewhat settled for my HX.