1990 civic si mod suggestions

jardine90si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey im a new member, just signed up today. i just bought a 1990 civic si (original owners) with under 200,000km. very good condition, no rust. i am planning to do a motor swap in october/november (probably a ZC since a b16 is much more expensive). just wondering what you guys think i should do over the summer. my budget is about $300. i was thinking maybe short shifter, clear corners, new deck. what are your suggestions? thanks...heres some pics of the car

I'll take some better pics in a week or so

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lower it, and a set of corners and a deck

vadeed

5+ Year Member
I would read up on soem engine swaps so you can do them, Then get an air intake, that should be well within 300 dollars

jardine90si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i've been reading a lot on the swaps. the zc seems like the best for my budget. and whats really the difference between the AEM and expensive intakes as apose to the cheaper intakes from ebay? how much different can it be?

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its not really a big difference... mine alwaysran fine with just a 3inch piping intake and a filter.... and zc is probablly the cheapest you can do in an ef

jardine90si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright, sweet. looks like i'll be gettin a nice cheap intake lol and yea the ZC seems like the best choice for me. I'd like to build it a bit and eventually boost it. How high of a psi can i run with stock internals?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
12psi....

thats as much as your stock map sensor can read....and that will put you around 200-250hp...which is exactly enough for a stock motor lol....

ya on a intake all the matters is the filter...so get a cheap ebay intake...then get a nice AEM filter...

and +1 for a dohc zc....thats what i got and stock its a lot faster then any sohc d16...

jardine90si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright, cool. how much do you think a full decent turbo set up would run me on a ZC? and what parts do i need for it?

what do you think of this? or is this a cheap shitty setup... http://store.max-redline.com/servlet/-strse-92/88-dsh-00-Honda-Civic-Integra/Detail

actually, i don't think i'm going to worry about a turbo right now. i gotta save for a swap anyway. but how should i spend my first $500?? springs/cat back?? CAI/Exhaust?? what do you guys think

Last edited by a moderator:

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
springs and a catback or maybe a set of rims if you can find a used set around where your from

jardine90si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well I definetely want to get the clear corner lights and something else. Do you know if a cold air intake for a D16a6 would fit a ZC? Because I might buy an intake for my d16a6, then when I get the ZC, swap it over to that.

jardine90si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice. well i think i should just save for the swap before this engine craps out on me. it's starting to burn oil and there is lots of residue in the exhaust. gonna do an oil change and put Motor Honey in it, see how that helps for now.

jardine90si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
but yea, my plans are to get some amber corners and lower it. However, i haven't decided how i want to lower it. i'm on a bit of a budget, but i still don't want bad parts. I was gonna get lowering springs and run stock struts temporarily, what springs would be the best for this? Tein s. Techs? also, can i run ground control coilover sleeves on stock struts? or am i better off just getting springs?