1990 Civic radio suggestions

C9ivic 0hatch si

Ok, so my OEM honda 2000 radio took a crap on me and the left side stopped working. I know now I need a new radio, any suggestions? I want to keep it the stock size (I don't know what soze radio is stock) but I was wondering, am I going to have to take some of the dashboard apart? Or if I take the three screws off in the back will it just slide out?

Robotnick

SOOOOO is it a 2000 or a 1990? I know in the 2000 is super super easy to do. Just make sure you disconnect the battery when installing so you don't blow like 12 fuses like i did(learning from experience haha)

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know now I need a new radio, any suggestions? I want to keep it the stock size but I was wondering, am I going to have to take some of the dashboard apart? Or if I take the three screws off in the back will it just slide out?
You will have to take the lower console out, the stock radio is mounted on back using a few Phillips head screws.
You can use ANY 94-01 Integra cd player, it's a plug n play radio!

SOOOOO is it a 2000 or a 1990?
2000 is the model of the radio. Radios for the 4th gen Civic came in 3 trim models, designated by a number, the 1000, being basic lowest trim model, the 2000, and 3000 being top of the line at the time.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This thread is a year old, brochachos.

Since Baker provided some good info, and OP was here last month, I'll leave this open.

Ravendragonslair78

Respected
Ok, so my OEM honda 2000 radio took a crap on me and the left side stopped working. I know now I need a new radio, any suggestions? I want to keep it the stock size (I don't know what soze radio is stock) but I was wondering, am I going to have to take some of the dashboard apart? Or if I take the three screws off in the back will it just slide out?
Single din Radio and the best place to buy from in my opinion is sonicelectronix. Com

Last edited by a moderator: