1991 civic lx sedan issues

Henry Anaya

Need help guys I replaced the headgasket as it was bad, it went on straight and there is no oil leak and no blue smoke. I also replaced the valve stem seals as they were worn to s**t. I set timing at TDC and now it revs past 4k RPM , this was an issue I was having before where it would not rev past 4k rpm. It pulls strong and has strong compression number 190 across all cylinders. However there is a cloud of white smoke , could it be from the card cleaner and combustion chamber cleaner I used to clean parts? Could there also be residue left over? I opened the radiator and there is no bubbling effect while the car is running and when I turn on the car nothing gushing out of it; so I dont think the headgasket is bad. I replaced the pcv valce but the black kind of catch can its attached to I sprayed it with card cleaner and not sure if it evaporated. Could this be causing the smoke also?

So to summarize timing at 18 BTDC , compression 190 across all cylinders, the radiator hose are not bubbling anymore like they did with my first head gasket install. I have not changed the fluids (oil and radiator) yet. Would this help?

Please help, I would appreciate it.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Is it losing power when it starts getting into the upper RPM?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Oh I read it wrong, I thought you said it wouldn't rev past 6k now. You are still burning coolant, HG probably didn't seal right.