1991 Mustang 5.0 Project

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think it just needs black interior, and a shift kit. Nothing looks worse than a stock automatic shifter in a muscle car :lol:

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have one awesome mustang that's for sure :thumbs up

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its very nice and you got a pretty goo deal on it imo

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks good OC

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks guys... definitely getting a shift kit.. i think that I am getting the B&M one..

Silver-Shooter

silveRShooter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it looks like your taste in mods remains consistently clean no matter what car you own. looks good, how does it feel to have torque now?

=)

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks really clean. You should pick up a Sparco wheel to go with the seats and replace the clunky stock one.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think the REAR wheels are the right size :lol:

The front needs to be lowered about an inch.

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Very clean car man,

There are very few stangs that clean in n out here in SD. Good job you're doing there Sir.

Can't wait for vids of that beast in action

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
very nice that mustant is clean compare to mustangs i see here in the city

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it looks like your taste in mods remains consistently clean no matter what car you own. looks good, how does it feel to have torque now?

=)
torque coupled with RWD is really fun.. I just need to make some more power and change out the gears... the tire is more than the car needs as it sits.. but pretty sure im going to spray it... spray.. shift kit... and gears... should put those tires to use.. thanks for the compliment.. the intent was to build a muscle car right along the same lines as the civic.. simple clean.. only difference is I am really only concerned with straight line speed in this car..

It looks really clean. You should pick up a Sparco wheel to go with the seats and replace the clunky stock one.
maybe down the road.. i like having cruise control.. lol but i do dislike the stock wheel.. so ill have to see..

I think the REAR wheels are the right size :lol:
The front needs to be lowered about an inch.
probably wont change out the suspension for a while.. but would like to come down a hair in the front..

Very clean car man,

There are very few stangs that clean in n out here in SD. Good job you're doing there Sir.

Can't wait for vids of that beast in action
very nice that mustant is clean compare to mustangs i see here in the city
thanks a lot for the compliments.. the car is really enjoyable to drive.. can't wait to work on it some more..

eg6white305

Looks great! I got a 1990 lx hatch mustang 5.0 with 4.30 gears, full exhaust with no cats, and a 100 wet shot of nitrous. Its 5-spd and is a blast to drive! Runs low 12's at 110 mph and cost me a total of $3800.00 Fox mustangs r cheap, easy to work on, and crazy fast with just a few mods. I still love my hondas but they cant compare to my stang! Spray that b***h and put some 3.73 or 4.10 gears!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks great! I got a 1990 lx hatch mustang 5.0 with 4.30 gears, full exhaust with no cats, and a 100 wet shot of nitrous. Its 5-spd and is a blast to drive! Runs low 12's at 110 mph and cost me a total of $3800.00 Fox mustangs r cheap, easy to work on, and crazy fast with just a few mods. I still love my hondas but they cant compare to my stang! Spray that b***h and put some 3.73 or 4.10 gears!
looking at 4.10s

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thats going to cut down your gas mileage considerably. Also going to suck if you do a lot of highway driving. 4.10 is a pretty high gear for ANY kind of DDing also. Im not that familiar with Ford's possibility of gearing sizes, but I think something in the mid 3's will still allow for decent power.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats going to cut down your gas mileage considerably. Also going to suck if you do a lot of highway driving. 4.10 is a pretty high gear for ANY kind of DDing also. Im not that familiar with Ford's possibility of gearing sizes, but I think something in the mid 3's will still allow for decent power.
with it being an overdrive equipped trans i hear that 4.10s are pretty reasonable in that car..

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Even in overdrive, you will notice a difference. Good looks though.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks really fun, man. Can't wait for more pics and some vids.