1991 Mustang 5.0 Project

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks really fun, man. Can't wait for more pics and some vids.
ha thanks.. have some video of the rear about to explode during a burnout..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That thing needs some lovin. I would definitely clean it while you have the chance.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That thing needs some lovin. I would definitely clean it while you have the chance.
It is really just dusty.. the whole block was cleaned and repainted black..

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have missed this thread somehow, LOVE that generation mustang. Subscribed........

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
302???...
Motor: 302, .030 over.. aka 306
Rebuilt gt40 heads
Ford motorsports E cam 489/489lift
Roller rockers
Weiand intake
MSD distributer
MSD coil
Ford racing plus wires
Holley *650 or 750* (he can't remember)
High flow water pump
New rings/bearings in the bottom end

Trans: c4 new trq converter 3200 stall

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have missed this thread somehow, LOVE that generation mustang. Subscribed........
thanks.. it is hot as hell out.. probably put it in towards the end of next month.. beginning of September.. ;)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Interesting. I would love to have a V8....I have even considered trading my Civic for a Camaro.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Interesting. I would love to have a V8....I have even considered trading my Civic for a Camaro.
that is essentially what I did.. parted out the civic for my mustang..

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Skimmed through the pics; didn't read much of the thread except the specs on the new motor. Sounds like you're going to have a beast under that hood and the car is looking great as well!

My buddy is running a 302 in his Monte Carlo with built aluminum heads, "mild" cam (which I don't know wtf that means but it makes the dogs and cats bark throughout the neighborhood), and other bolt ons. He's making around 500/700; it's just too bad his MC is like 6000+ pounds luls. I can only imagine how much quicker your car is going to be with that motor in a foxbody!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Skimmed through the pics; didn't read much of the thread except the specs on the new motor. Sounds like you're going to have a beast under that hood and the car is looking great as well!

My buddy is running a 302 in his Monte Carlo with built aluminum heads, "mild" cam (which I don't know wtf that means but it makes the dogs and cats bark throughout the neighborhood), and other bolt ons. He's making around 500/700; it's just too bad his MC is like 6000+ pounds luls. I can only imagine how much quicker your car is going to be with that motor in a foxbody!

I actually really wanted a Monte.. till I figured out what you just pointed out.. the car is heavy as f**k.. lol it helped push me back to the fox body.. and yeah.. I hope the car moves well.. should be done over the next month or so!

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love fox body's yours is looking great. the interior looks awesome!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
New shifter is here... new cables... gauge cluster is done.... fuel pressure regulator arrived as well.. work begins this week!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
niceeee, how you like the florida 5.0 gauge cluster?

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
im not a real big fan of hatchs but yours looks really clean i like it...BUT i love my 82 coupe oh yes be jealous. you can..lol

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
niceeee, how you like the florida 5.0 gauge cluster?
they did an amazing job...

im not a real big fan of hatchs but yours looks really clean i like it...BUT i love my 82 coupe oh yes be jealous. you can..lol
I wanted a coupe at first.. but honestly once I got the hatch it grew on me.. it's funny I never end up with the body I want.. with the civic I wanted a hatch.. got a coupe.. learned to love it.. with the mustang wanted a notch and ended up with a hatch.. lol