1992-1995 civic sunroof conversion

Allmotor_junkie

4 Door Whore YO>
5+ Year Member
I know i will get falmed but i tryed to search and couldnt find the same question/topic. I have a 1993 dx hatch i am building.

and my DD

My question is, has anyone put a factory si sunroof into a non si? i have heard that honda from factory reenforces the frame? i am very interested in doing this because i have the tools and proper place to do it, just want to know if anyone has done this? thank you for all your help.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i've neve seen one do it so i have no answer for you op sorry lol

Allmotor_junkie

4 Door Whore YO>
5+ Year Member
yeah s**t no one has, maby ill just go to a junker or find someone with an si to see what the difference is in the roof.

94civickid

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i thought of this in my coupe as well i have a dx coupe and want the ex sunroof but idk where i would begin so kinda just sittin on it for now

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have to say that I have never heard of anyone doing it.

Honestly, civics are a dime a dozen and there are ton of them around. If I wanted a sunroof bad enough, I would sell mine and buy one that had it. That is what I would do personally. You weren't asking for that though, so to answer your question. It is possible. Anything is possible with the know-how and the tools to do it. If you end up doing it, document it and do a write up. It would help those with the same question in the future.

cvnig89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont remember were i saw it, but on some forum somebody did a sunroof conversion but i believe it was either a 96-00 coupe or hatch, i dont remember. But i wouldnt reccomend it unless you know somebody .that has done it before or knows what there doing,

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If i can remember right, i saw a write up for a 96-00 civic. They just drilled out the welds for the entire roof off a coupe and a hatch, think they just swapped out the entire roofs and rewelded. Not sure about the eg's. Hopefully that kinda helps.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
someone did it on here...
they cut and welded the whole roof of the si into the dx er whatever car they had..
it didnt look too hard if u have welding and fab skills..

Allmotor_junkie

4 Door Whore YO>
5+ Year Member
Thanks for your help guys. The only reason i dont want to just buy an si is because of all the body work done on the dx. As you can tell in the pictures its mint has no rust and new quarters. Ill keep looking into it since i got till summer to mess around with it. Ill make sure to keep it updated. thanks guys.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
search on here.

i know there was a thread a couple years ago with a great sunroof conversion and rhd conversion with pics(if the pics are still working or not, i do not know) but its wort a shot..

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^^lol now i remember seeing that i see i've even posted on that thread

Allmotor_junkie

4 Door Whore YO>
5+ Year Member

mymmeryloss