1994 civic Dx ecu question.

Jonathan62019

Respected
Ok. This will be long and complicated. I will try to make it as easy as i can for everyone to keep up haha. I will start first with i bought the car 2 weeks ago not really knowing what was under the hood. I checked it out and this is whats under the hood...

Obd0 D15b7 block
88 a6 head from 4wd civic wagon
S40 manual transmission.
1 wire 02 sensor
P05 ecu

So when the car gets warm it is a gutless POS Lol cant hardly make it up a hill in 4th.. no check engine lights and no codes. Someone said maybe the p05 ecu should not be used with that setup. So i went to local junk yard and got a p06 ecu from a wrecked 1994 dx (same model i have) i plugged in the ecu and the car had a crazy up down idle. From 1200 rpm to 2600 rpm up down up down.. I tried to drive it and it would not move when i gave it gas just cut out REALLY bad. So i shut it off. Unplugged the 1 wire o2 sensor. Didnt change anything. Then i unplugged the TPS the up down idle stopped. So i took it down the street and the thing runs amazing. No powerloss when warmed up and pulls hard... The idle wont go below 1400 rpms though.

So my question is. Why does the p06 ecu hate my TPS? When it is the same tps as any engine. 88-95 ?? And why the high idle? Idled fine with p05 ecu in it. If i put a 4 wire o2 sensor in and wired it up would that fix the idle? But then what do i do with the TPS situatuon? One would think the tps would act the same with both p05 and p06 ecu..

Can the high idle be caused by tps being uplugged?

If i am missing any info sorry.

Last edited:

Jonathan62019

Respected
How's timing?

It was good. I just figured it out tonight. I replaced the tps and iac and it fixed the problem. Im replaced the tps first and that solved the cutting outpeoblem but it still had a funky idle. So replaced the iac and now boh problems are solved. Just dont see why the p05 didnt have the same symptoms... Who knows.

I did test the first TPS amd it tested fine. P06 must lf just really hated it? Lop

daperez13

Respected
It was good. I just figured it out tonight. I replaced the tps and iac and it fixed the problem. Im replaced the tps first and that solved the cutting outpeoblem but it still had a funky idle. So replaced the iac and now boh problems are solved. Just dont see why the p05 didnt have the same symptoms... Who knows.

I did test the first TPS amd it tested fine. P06 must lf just really hated it? Lop
That's awesome, glad you figured it out.