1994 civic engine swap

dbcupid

5+ Year Member
I could use your help. I have a 1994 civic ex 1.6(smoke and transmission trbl) to take out and replace with a 1994 civic lx 1.5(rollover victim, 30,000 miles). Are there any problems I need to know about before starting? I've learned more from these forums than any book could ever tell. Some of you should be on Hondas payroll.
Thanks, DBCupid

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
read the stickies.
use the search.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is there any reason you don't want to upgrade to a B16, B17, or B20? o.O If your gonna upgrade, do it the big balla style.. HOLLA!

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have a friend/family member/bum that knows how to do a motor swap =). if you feel the need for power later on, just turbo your d and feel it out from there. if you want some monster power go b,h,or k series, but if you dont want that 350+hp then a d will suit you just fine.

Grendel

Banned
slowhatch said:
have a friend/family member/bum that knows how to do a motor swap =). if you feel the need for power later on, just turbo your d and feel it out from there. if you want some monster power go b,h,or k series, but if you dont want that 350+hp then a d will suit you just fine.
w00t i'm in someones sig!

You might want think about costs invloved and work from that before you even worry.

dbcupid

5+ Year Member
Magic8Ball said:
Is there any reason you don't want to upgrade to a B16, B17, or B20? o.O If your gonna upgrade, do it the big balla style.. HOLLA!
I already have a 1.5 lx that my son rolled w/30,000 miles on rebuilt engine & drive train. Have a 1.6 ex w/good body but transmission & engine trbl(245,000 miles). Just want to get the car running & get rid of the extra wrecked car.
Thanks, DBCupid

JR-Style

Technician
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just use the ecu from the 1.5 as the 1.6 is set up for vtec (dunno how much it will effect) but just to be safe. everything else should be plug and play.

dbcupid

5+ Year Member
JR-Style said:
just use the ecu from the 1.5 as the 1.6 is set up for vtec (dunno how much it will effect) but just to be safe. everything else should be plug and play.
Thanks, just wanted to make sure. DBCupid