1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

1994 civic engine swap

Discussion in '5th Generation Honda Civic (1992-1995)' started by dbcupid, Nov 27, 2005.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. dbcupid

dbcupid New Member 5+ Year Member

I could use your help. I have a 1994 civic ex 1.6(smoke and transmission trbl) to take out and replace with a 1994 civic lx 1.5(rollover victim, 30,000 miles). Are there any problems I need to know about before starting? I've learned more from these forums than any book could ever tell. Some of you should be on Hondas payroll.
    Thanks, DBCupid

2. stealthy

stealthy 4 Doors For More Whores Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

read the stickies.
    use the search.

3. Mr. Jollypants

Mr. Jollypants Mr. Fucking Jollypants Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Is there any reason you don't want to upgrade to a B16, B17, or B20? o.O If your gonna upgrade, do it the big balla style.. HOLLA!

4. slowhatch

slowhatch torque? Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

have a friend/family member/bum that knows how to do a motor swap =). if you feel the need for power later on, just turbo your d and feel it out from there. if you want some monster power go b,h,or k series, but if you dont want that 350+hp then a d will suit you just fine.

5. Grendel

Grendel Banned

w00t i'm in someones sig!

You might want think about costs invloved and work from that before you even worry.

6. dbcupid

I already have a 1.5 lx that my son rolled w/30,000 miles on rebuilt engine & drive train. Have a 1.6 ex w/good body but transmission & engine trbl(245,000 miles). Just want to get the car running & get rid of the extra wrecked car.
    Thanks, DBCupid

7. JR-Style

JR-Style Technician Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

just use the ecu from the 1.5 as the 1.6 is set up for vtec (dunno how much it will effect) but just to be safe. everything else should be plug and play.

8. dbcupid

Thanks, just wanted to make sure. DBCupid