1994 Honda civic DX Coupe clean car

gage sumler

1994 Honda Civic Dx Coupe- the car body has 250k miles and the engine is rebuilt and has about 15k miles also its a automatic nothing wrong with the seats i just like the covers on the wheels are 17 inch they were on when i got it i don't know if i'm keeping them, also on the front window the rubber is missing and i don't know where i would find that at a junk yard maybe? and i new a new speedometer this one is weird and doesn't read my speed right sometimes it doesn't even move. stuff i'm buying for the car- New oem taillights red and white, HID 20000k bulbs, brand new muffler tell me ideas on what kind i should get, new side mirrors both driver and passenger, also i want to get fog lamps but i don't know if its hard to cut out the spot on the front bumper and how to connect them, and also get it lowered another inch or 2, new paint on the rims don't know what color yet, and the clear coat is chipping of the hood and stains from the wiper fluid on the hood don't know how to get rid of it,also new tint on the back window and driver window. if you guys have anything else i should get tell me. 043.JPG 064.JPG 047.JPG 051.JPG 053.JPG 058.JPG 063.JPG 111.JPG 112.JPG 103.JPG 064.JPG

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First of all, take the time to write correctly and punctuate. Show respect to the members here who are willing to help. Otherwise, we wont respect you. With that said, every question you asked has been covered ALOT in multiple forums (part sourcing, muffler suggestions, speedometer issues, fog installation, paint restoration, etc). Learn to search for yourself. We will NOT baby you and do the work for you. But if you show some effort to researching things first (like most of us), then our members gladly comment. If not, you will get chastised and ridiculed long before you receive help.

By the way, 20,000K HIDs in Florida will get you pulled over all the time as they are quite illegal. Thats not to mention that they look ridiculously ricey as well. Otherwise, the body looks very straight. It should be a solid base to build upon. Start with the muffler as your is obliterated by rust. I've never seen one that bad. You're basically running straight piped, which must sound awful. I hope you dont have heavy rust elsewhere.

gage sumler

First of all, take the time to write correctly and punctuate. Show respect to the members here who are willing to help. Otherwise, we wont respect you. With that said, every question you asked has been covered ALOT in multiple forums (part sourcing, muffler suggestions, speedometer issues, fog installation, paint restoration, etc). Learn to search for yourself. We will NOT baby you and do the work for you. But if you show some effort to researching things first (like most of us), then our members gladly comment. If not, you will get chastised and ridiculed long before you receive help.

By the way, 20,000K HIDs in Florida will get you pulled over all the time as they are quite illegal. Thats not to mention that they look ridiculously ricey as well. Otherwise, the body looks very straight. It should be a solid base to build upon. Start with the muffler as your is obliterated by rust. I've never seen one that bad. You're basically running straight piped, which must sound awful. I hope you dont have heavy rust elsewhere.
hey thanks for correcting me, I didn't know as this was my first time posting on here sorry I was just telling you guys on what i plan to do and not ask for help i was just showing my first car i plan on looking everything up and doing it my self and i didnt know that about the bulbs what would be good to get 8000k or lower than that?

also i don't have any rust anywhere else it was a old muffler it came on the car when i got it. i plan to replace everything that's old and HAS to be replaced it is only going to be my daily driver so not wanting to spend too much money. also i plan on getting a security system and a steering wheel lock.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Once again, please make an effort to punctuate and write correctly. If you passed grade school then you have no excuse otherwise. I dont even know what you're specifically apologizing as you made many illogical errors. The better you write, the better replies you receive.

If you dont want to spend alot on a daily driver then why get HIDs instead of just really good bulbs like PIAAs? As for security, a daily driver with a steering wheel lock seems like overkill. Get a 2-way alarm with a few sensors and you'll be fine.

gage sumler

Once again, please make an effort to punctuate and write correctly. If you passed grade school then you have no excuse otherwise. I dont even know what you're specifically apologizing as you made many illogical errors. The better you write, the better replies you receive.

If you dont want to spend alot on a daily driver then why get HIDs instead of just really good bulbs like PIAAs? As for security, a daily driver with a steering wheel lock seems like overkill. Get a 2-way alarm with a few sensors and you'll be fine.
Wow okay, I didn't know PIAAs existed thanks for the tip. I'm planing on buying the viper 2 way system on Amazon it looks good. Do you Think I should get new headlights also? Would the ones with Amber corners look better in your opinion?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you like your current headlights then stay with them until they start fading, then consider other options. Im personally ok with those. While Im not opposed to stock headlights with amber corners, I do think they look better on certain colors more than others. Its all about personal preference. I believe my friend has some stock clear glass headlights if youre interested.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: to ClubCivic!

Might be able to get stains off the hood by clay barring. I can't imagine that it seeped into the paint, but it shouldn't stain the hood either. If the clear is chipping you might just want to have it repainted, especially if the paint elsewhere is good as it looks to be.

Definitely a good idea to replace those tail lights. Headlights don't look bad, but I also vote no to 20k HIDs. You'd be fine with 4300k HIDs in terms of color, but without doing a retrofit, you're blinding oncoming traffic. As such I recommend going back to halogen bulbs. Silverstar Ultras are pretty good in terms of color, but IMO they blow pretty easily. Never dealt with PIAA lights except for my ex's 7th gen had then in her fog lights and they were stupid bright.

Junkyard to get any trim pieces you need, also check Craigslist and Majestic Honda HERE.

As for your speedometer, research how to check the speed sensor and its wiring. Since it's working but sometimes reports the wrong speed, you might want to look into replacing the speed sensor.

gage sumler

Might be able to get stains off the hood by clay barring. I can't imagine that it seeped into the paint, but it shouldn't stain the hood either. If the clear is chipping you might just want to have it repainted, especially if the paint elsewhere is good as it looks to be.

Definitely a good idea to replace those tail lights. Headlights don't look bad, but I also vote no to 20k HIDs. You'd be fine with 4300k HIDs in terms of color, but without doing a retrofit, you're blinding oncoming traffic. As such I recommend going back to halogen bulbs. Silverstar Ultras are pretty good in terms of color, but IMO they blow pretty easily. Never dealt with PIAA lights except for my ex's 7th gen had then in her fog lights and they were stupid bright.

Junkyard to get any trim pieces you need, also check Craigslist and Majestic Honda HERE.

As for your speedometer, research how to check the speed sensor and its wiring. Since it's working but sometimes reports the wrong speed, you might want to look into replacing the speed sensor.
Hey thanks for all the info, I'm for sure getting new tail lights those came on the car when I got it. And I'll take a better pic of the stains in a minute. But in your opinion, what color should I paint my rims the silver is starting to chip off and looks dull now. And I'm thinking about just getting 4000k bulbs now

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What size wheels are they? If they're 17"+ as they look to be, I would recommend selling and picking up something smaller, especially if you plan on lowering the car.

As for the HIDs, they're still illegal and noticably so without the proper headlights. I can't tell from the pics if you have legitimate projectors, but if not - ditch the HIDs altogether. They're not meant for normal halogen headlights; the light will refract and go all over the place.

gage sumler

What size wheels are they? If they're 17"+ as they look to be, I would recommend selling and picking up something smaller, especially if you plan on lowering the car.

As for the HIDs, they're still illegal and noticably so without the proper headlights. I can't tell from the pics if you have legitimate projectors, but if not - ditch the HIDs altogether. They're not meant for normal halogen headlights; the light will refract and go all over the place.
Wow really I didn't know that, so to use HIDs I should get stock headlights with Amber corners ? I like the way they look. Also the rims are 17 inch I'm already thinking about selling them. Should I paint them before I sell them to get more money? And what size would be the best to get?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You want HID's in projector based headlights only. Your headlights may be projectors I just can't tell from the angle. But do not use stock headlights with HIDs unless you plan to do a retrofit (projector) conversion on them. If you get stock headlights, go back to halogen bulbs.

If you think you can improve the quality by painting them, go for it. Just don't make it worse. As for new wheel size, anything 15" or 16" that you think would look good :thumbs up

gage sumler

You want HID's in projector based headlights only. Your headlights may be projectors I just can't tell from the angle. But do not use stock headlights with HIDs unless you plan to do a retrofit (projector) conversion on them. If you get stock headlights, go back to halogen bulbs.

If you think you can improve the quality by painting them, go for it. Just don't make it worse. As for new wheel size, anything 15" or 16" that you think would look good :thumbs up
They are fake projectors I might just wait till they fade. And would a speed sensor on Amazon be fine? It says it fits 1994 honda civic it's 40$ though. Would getting one from the junkyard be better? And on the wheels they look decent like all they need is paint. Then they would look great where would I sell them at on craigslist? And I sell tires with them right?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You'll want to troubleshoot the speed sensor issue first. Inspect the wires, etc. You might want to create another thread for this to keep it separate from this one.

And you can sell the tires on them if you wish, all up to you.

gage sumler

You'll want to troubleshoot the speed sensor issue first. Inspect the wires, etc. You might want to create another thread for this to keep it separate from this one.

And you can sell the tires on them if you wish, all up to you.
Alright thanks for all the help though

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are fake projectors I might just wait till they fade. And would a speed sensor on Amazon be fine? It says it fits 1994 honda civic it's 40$ though. Would getting one from the junkyard be better? And on the wheels they look decent like all they need is paint. Then they would look great where would I sell them at on craigslist? And I sell tires with them right?
An OEM Honda speed sensor would be best if that ends up needing to be replaced after you try to properly diagnose the issue. Amazon doesnt sell OEM sensors. A junkyard sensor doesnt guarantee much unless you trust the speedometer in it and its low in mileage. Verify the parts number because I have a new one i would sell to you if you want.

In regards to the rims, just post them on Craigslist as-is with tires. First, hunt down a set you like so youre not wheelless if you find a seller. Those are cheap rims to begin with and rattle can spray paint is not the proper way to repaint them. Let someone who likes them worry about having them resprayed properly, which would cost you more than what its worth in time and profit being that you intend yo sell them.

gage sumler

Alright
An OEM Honda speed sensor would be best if that ends up needing to be replaced after you try to properly diagnose the issue. Amazon doesnt sell OEM sensors. A junkyard sensor doesnt guarantee much unless you trust the speedometer in it and its low in mileage. Verify the parts number because I have a new one i would sell to you if you want.

In regards to the rims, just post them on Craigslist as-is with tires. First, hunt down a set you like so youre not wheelless if you find a seller. Those are cheap rims to begin with and rattle can spray paint is not the proper way to repaint them. Let someone who likes them worry about having them resprayed properly, which would cost you more than what its worth in time and profit being that you intend yo sell them.
alright I'll look into the speed sensor soon, but I just got off of Craigslist and didn't see any rims I liked. Where would be the best place to buy some online? And I won't paint them then thanks for warning me.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright alright I'll look into the speed sensor soon, but I just got off of Craigslist and didn't see any rims I liked. Where would be the best place to buy some online? And I won't paint them then thanks for warning me.
I just verified that my speed sensor (78410-S04-902) will not fit your car. Yours is Honda part #78410-SV4-003.

gage sumler

I just verified that my speed sensor (78410-S04-902) will not fit your car. Yours is Honda part #78410-SV4-003.
alright that's fine, thanks for looking it up though.

019.JPG 021.JPG

I posted pictures of the stains on my hood, what do you think would be the best thing to do? paint it, buffer? i just don't know.

Do you guys think these rims would look good on my car with blue paint? remember i'm getting new taillights and headlights. lightning_white_poplrg.jpg