1995 civic 1.5 lsi coupe special 'limited edition'. any info?

M15TA B

5+ Year Member
Hi, i've always loved civic coupes and finally got a chance to buy the above car recently. I would very much appreciate any info on this car, as i was vaguely told that it was made in America & has no electrics, i assume for weight loss. I would love to know because this would influence any modifications I make. Thanks. JB

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There has never been an lsi model in America, so I don't think it was made here, though im not sure.

Edit: as far as modification, since it's a D series motor its not going to respond to bolt on's well. You could slap on an intake, header, and exhaust system and only gain maybe 5 whp. What do you want to use the car for though? Daily Driver, Drag Racing, Auto X?

M15TA B

5+ Year Member
\\ Forgiven // said:
There has never been an lsi model in America, so I don't think it was made here, though im not sure.

Edit: as far as modification, since it's a D series motor its not going to respond to bolt on's well. You could slap on an intake, header, and exhaust system and only gain maybe 5 whp. What do you want to use the car for though? Daily Driver, Drag Racing, Auto X?
Sorry if im a bit slow, 1st time here! gonna be used for daily driving and for shows. cant afford the insurance for too much power(first car), would rather spend the money making it A1 condition inside and out first.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No need to apologize, it's all good. If your trying to make it look better you have a few options. Almost any body/interior parts for any 92-95 coupe will fit your car, as well as any aftermarket parts for a 92-95 coupe. I'm not sure what kind of shops you have locally, but there are tons of places in the internet where you can get parts. It depends on what your style is.

M15TA B

5+ Year Member
\\ Forgiven // said:
No need to apologize, it's all good. If your trying to make it look better you have a few options. Almost any body/interior parts for any 92-95 coupe will fit your car, as well as any aftermarket parts for a 92-95 coupe. I'm not sure what kind of shops you have locally, but there are tons of places in the internet where you can get parts. It depends on what your style is.
Nothin too flash, but i do want to make it look fast (inside and out) in anticipation for a larger engine at a later date, looks af if the engine enclosure is large enough. This is why if the original principal of the car was weight loss, id like to continue it (is carbon fibre out dated yet?) and give it a 'race spec' look.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Carbon Fiber isnt quite outdated yet, go for it. As far as giving it a race spec look, new wheels would be nice, something light. I just ordered a set from buywheelstoday.com you may want to browse through some different brand there and see what you like. There are also all-out lightweight racing wheels like Gram Lights or Spoons, but they tend to get pretty expensive. For the rest of exterior, subtle things would be your best bet. A slightly different front lip and side skirts will give it a nice look thats not extremely flashy. Carbon Fiber hoods are always fun. I don't know if the original design of the car was for weight loss or not, but you can drop weight in any car with the above mentioned items. As for interior, Type R accessories look pretty sporty, and still give you a nice clean factory look, but they cost a pretty penny, at least in the US, I'm not sure what the avaiability is like over there. You could get things like a type R steering wheel, Shift knob, shifter/ebrake boot etc. Also, new seats are a definate plus. You can find tons of different racing seats, or you can swap seats from other cars. I've seen Civics with seats from Integras, S2000s, and RSX's. I'm probably forgetting a ton of stuff but if you have anything else specifically in mind, post it up and Im sure we can tell you if it would work or where to get it.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I forgot to mention, one of the most important things to upgrade on your car is the suspension. No matter what you want to use the car for, you should upgrade the suspension atleast with new springs and shocks ASAP.

M15TA B

5+ Year Member
\\ Forgiven // said:
I forgot to mention, one of the most important things to upgrade on your car is the suspension. No matter what you want to use the car for, you should upgrade the suspension atleast with new springs and shocks ASAP.
I like your thinkin, the seats must go. lookin through the recipts, the previous owner fitted g-max shocks and new honda suspension arms a year ago, he also said something about adjustable coilovers. didnt take much notice at the time coz i dont know much about cars, but pickin it up slowly tho. i hear the new craze in Tokyo is to take a chunk from the front arches, just behind the wheels. Reduces drag apparently, thinkin of gettin that done.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
M15TA B said:
i hear the new craze in Tokyo is to take a chunk from the front arches, just behind the wheels. Reduces drag apparently, thinkin of gettin that done.
I havent heard of that yet. I'll have to do some research on it. If you do get it done, be sure to come back and tell us how it goes. As for the seats, Integra GSR seats are leather, much nicer than stock civic seats and should bolt up with little modification. S2000 seats are a bit nicer but require a decent amount of work to fit them in a civic. Of course the nicest/ easiest thing aside from aftermarket seats would be to see if you can get your hands on Integra Type R or Civic Type R seats. They are nice, black with red stitching and match all the other little type R goodies.

I have Integra LS seats in my hatch, bought it like that and there isnt much difference between them and the stock seats. Basically if you want to upgrade look for aftermarket racing seats, Integra GSR seats, or Integra/Civic Type R seats.

civicnutz

5+ Year Member
i had one

M15TA B said:
Hi, i've always loved civic coupes and finally got a chance to buy the above car recently. I would very much appreciate any info on this car, as i was vaguely told that it was made in America & has no electrics, i assume for weight loss. I would love to know because this would influence any modifications I make. Thanks. JB
hi there im from the uk i had one of these it was down on the log book as a black magic ltd it was the end of line model nice seats & all that but no elecs came with bubble kit standard, 10 bhp faster than standard lsi due to a different throtle body

M15TA B

5+ Year Member
civicnutz said:
hi there im from the uk i had one of these it was down on the log book as a black magic ltd it was the end of line model nice seats & all that but no elecs came with bubble kit standard, 10 bhp faster than standard lsi due to a different throtle body
Nice 1 mate, thanks for takin the time to reply, didn't know any of that!