1995 civic b20 hesitation problem after full throttle

B20EGcivic

Okay here is the deal i just did a b20 swap on my eg civic and it not my first rodeo everything was great the first couple day after i got it running but the check engine light was on then i found out my coolant temp was bad and change it after doing so my check engine light turned off a day or 2 later i took it to the track and my first pass i did my car started stumbling and hesitating i turned it off and back on and it went back to normal on the way home i punched it again just to see if would do it again and it did note during acceleration it runs strong just shortly after does it start stumbling drive it all day from a to z no problem just wondering what the problem is or what to look for everything is new fuel filter spark plug and wire a whole new complete dizzy all new hoses idle air control valve all new gaskets so im stompt please help O the motor only has 40-60 k got it from jdm corp

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
There isn't one period in that whole brick of words.

my93civic

What's a period you don't need those I'm not sure what the problem could be was there ever a tune done on this maybe something is stuck maybe a clogged fuel injector what code did the computer give you did you even check for a code are the o2 sensors ok maybe the map sensor one time at band camp then there were two squirrels and they got married so I switch to the swingline stapler or better yet don't hammer the throttle I woke up this morning and I ate breakfast and went to work I have a catfish that always swims upside down there's three lights on on my cable box what I would do is trouble shoot some of the sensors my carpet is beige I have the fan on cause it's kinda warm in here but I would check the computer what one do you have is it the correct one what's the timing set at are the spark plugs and wires good is the throttle body clean how about the fuel pump maybe the throttle cable is sticking there's too many baby toys laying around I would need a Kleenex if I had a runny nose you can put a picture inside a picture frame but I would for sure start trouble shooting the more common issues

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thepointofaperiodissothatthereadercanunderstandsentenceswithoutneedingtorereaditonehundredtimesandalsomakeswhatyouretryingtosaymuchclearerandmucheasiertofollowkindoflikespacesnowwiththatbeingsaidyouwontfindmuchofanyhelphereunlessyoutypenormally

Ferreal though.. o2 sensor possibly? Does it do the same if you punch it when the motor isn't fully up to temp yet?

Last edited:

B20EGcivic

Well first off im trying to fix my car i dont need an English lesson , SO with that said o2 sensors are new and it has a new catalytic converter as well. I have not done a tune just yet and im running a p75 ecu its obd1. The b20 is the one with low compression it has the p75 head.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Well first off im trying to fix my car i dont need an English lesson , SO with that said o2 sensors are new and it has a new catalytic converter as well. I have not done a tune just yet and im running a p75 ecu its obd1. The b20 is the one with low compression it has the p75 head.
Yeah you do need an English lesson because no one wants to attempt picking out the issues with your car from a giant run on sentence. You want us to help you with YOUR issue, so the least you can do is ask in a clear and organized manner so that WE can help you with (again) YOUR problem.

Why aren't you running a b20 map?