1995 Civic EX Coupe making funny noises...

ericka_007

5+ Year Member
Every time I drive my Civic it make this weird noise, it kind of sounds like high pressure air is coming out of a hole or something. It happens like every 3 minutes and it's coming from the front drivers side, near the front left tire. It's not the tire though. Any idea's???

One more thing what would this part be called. It's the big plastic piece that under the engine and it's screwed around by the tires. I let a friend drive my car and she scrapped the s**t out of it and broke the plastic, made the plastic drag so I took it off until I can buy a new one. Thanks so much!!:roll:

Last edited:

jdlhonda

5+ Year Member
Every time I drive my Civic it make this weird noise, it kind of sounds like high pressure air is coming out of a hole or something. It happens like every 3 minutes and it's coming from the front drivers side, near the front left tire. It's not the tire though. Any idea's???

One more thing what would this part be called. It's the big plastic piece that under the engine and it's screwed around by the tires. I let a friend drive my car and she scrapped the s**t out of it and broke the plastic, made the plastic drag so I took it off until I can buy a new one. Thanks so much!!:roll:
Yes, your air conditioning compressor has a hi pressure relief valve that sometimes blows off at higher RPMs. My valve went completely bad at some point and I couldn't keep it charged so I replaced the blow off valve with a plug.
James

95c1v1c

5+ Year Member
Could be a vacuum leak at the brake booster, check your hoses, and inspect the check valve between the 2 hoses.