1995 ex engine in dx car fuel injector fitment question

01_type_sh

Hi, just joined this site seems to be much help. My question is. May I buy 95 civic ex fuel injectors and put them on the factory fuel rail and intake manifold from my dx 1.5 non vtec engine. when i purchased the 1.6 vtec engine I didnt have the 1.6 exhaust manifold and intake manifold along with the fuel system to go with it so I just used the 1.5 stuff. Would I even benefit from putting the 1.6 vtec injectors in it if it will bolt right up and plug right up?

thanks a lot!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
So you are putting the 1.5L intake and exhaust manifolds on the 1.6L? I think they are the same part numbers so they should fit. Why don't you just mock it up and see if you already have everything?

01_type_sh

I didn't think about looking up the part numbers and comparing them. Turns out the 1.5non vtec and 1.6vtec use the same fuel injectors. But as far as the intake manifold itself, they are different, along with the exhaust manifold being different. Does anyone know if the 1.6 vtec exhaust manifold will line right up to the exhaust flange or not. Its hard to tell if its longer or shorter or the same length without having the both of them. thanks for replies

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
The non-vtec is a cat/manifold all in one, and the vtec manifold is just a standard manifold with the cat placed downstream. Its different cats so I don't think it would work.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the exhaust manifold should fit fine. But, as 00siboy pointed out, might be different as far as catalytic converter concerned. Assume your 1.5 is the d15b7? if so, should fit the ex manifold right up to existing cat and exhaust. If your 1.5 has the cat as part of the upper manifold, then will need to change to different Cat setup to use the 1.6 manifold.