1996 civic 2000 si vtec more power

Tyler5640

1996 civic,2000 si vtec
Hey, i have a 96 civic coupe with 2000 si vtec and i need a few tips on how to increase my top end kinda cheap cause at bout 100 she wantin to stop pullin hard and i can out run v8's but it all i can do to keep up after 100 so any good opinions would be appreciated..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what is done to the car so far..

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so you got a 96 coupe with a b16 swap? you want top end, go with turbo. you can find turbo setup for 500 if you are lucky

Tyler5640

1996 civic,2000 si vtec
It has cold air, stage two fadanza clutch and pressure plate, gsr trans, aftermarket exhaust and short throw shifter just cheap stuff not real great power adders but it will still go pretty fast.... just the boys at my school got camaros and mustangs and think cause it 4 cylinder it slow i can beat them in turns and take off but at bout 100 i need a lil extra power

Ubajowa

I am a fan of "there is no replacement for displacement" but if you are street racing, anthing over 100 will land you and your car in jail, take it to a track and beat them at the tree, if you get them there you will most likely be able to hold out.

Also, n/a 4 banger will have a hard time beating an 8 top end, unless you have a fully built internal.

Tyler5640

1996 civic,2000 si vtec
Yeah i ran a mustang last night on street i had get up bout 125 to beat him, but i run at strip too

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want that top end, get something better than what you have. turbo built and internal built. thats the way to go.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Boost or nitrous for the win.

And from the way it sounds like you drive, nitrous may not be your friend.

Keep it on the track.