D16y8
-Stock internals
-5.5lbs of boost
-T3/T4 Emusa turbo kit
-Hondata ECU s300 tuner
-Water Meth Injection
-Jdm exhaust manifold
-400cc Injectors

The other day was driving my car and got up to 140~km/hr and suddenly the car stalls, I started it back up again and slowed right now and the car won't stay idling and the oil pressure light kept flashing, I was about 2 blocks away from my house and as I was driving it the car lost all power and by time I got home I couldn't even get it up the driveway it had no power.

So now I have the car up on jack stands I did a compression test cylinder 1 had 140 cylinder 2 had 140 cylinder 3 had 125 and cylinder 4 had 125, I did some research and what happened was the timing belt skipped a tooth I took it all apart bought a hanes manual and timed the car properly, and still the same noise... I did a compression test right after and all cylinders jumped up 10... *if there was a bent valve wouldn't that mean their would be no compression, or it would slowly drop??* I took off the valve cover and adjusted the valves most of them I had to back them off, but some I did have to tighten so now their all within stock specifications. I took out the lifters and replaced them with new ones still no change in the sound... It is definitely a top end knock/tick sounds like right underneath the valve cover on the driver side.

Here is a video I found off youtube that sounds identical to my knock I understand video to real life is different but this is really close if not the same issue.
that isn't my car or me in the video.

I'm lost now on what to do, or what the issue could be I've done lots of research and nothing has worked yet... If the head or valves are f**ked I have a spare head to put on, and spare block, worst case scenario. Any help/suggestions/or ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dood.. thats not valves...

that would be rod knock

your engine is done.

IDK if you read the details on the Y8 engine and what the parameters are on a stock block. Oil starvation being one of them. which by the sound of it, is what your car suffered.

Time to yank it out, and send it for a swim and have it checked to see whats salvageable.