1996 Honda Civic Coupe electrical problem?

96CivicOwner

Hi everyone, I'm new here and saw that the fastest way to get help was to start a new thread. I have been through several different threads regarding similar problems and none of them I've seen are quite exactly what's going on with my car.

When trying to start my car I get one click then nothing. If I the dash lights come on I get a click but still not more than one. None of the electrical components work except the door alarm (key in ignition) the horn will sound but it fades rapidly. I've checked the battery yesterday it read 12.78 v today only 12.65. Checked the grounds for conductivity and corrosion. I am really at a loss here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you had the battery checked?

Theres a ton of stuff it could be.

Have you checked main relay? Battery cables? Terminals? Grounds?

96CivicOwner

Have you had the battery checked?

Theres a ton of stuff it could be.

Have you checked main relay? Battery cables? Terminals? Grounds?
The cables, terminals and grounds all look in good shape. One thing I forgot to mention was it stalled out in 2nd when it was parked. Let off the clutch before shifting out of gear, it shook pretty hard. As for the main relay if you could help me Identify it I can tell you if it was checked. I had a mechanic looking at it trying to figure it out but he's stumped.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would look towards the ignition itself.

Grab a multi meter and start checking