1997 Civic DX Speaker Sizes

Lonestar

Honda Driver
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone know the speakers sizes for the 97 DX? I went onto Crutchfield to look for speakers and such but the ones I want apparently do not fit. What I originally thought was 6.5" up front and 6x9 in the back but I never thought to check for depth or anything.

Pioneer TS-D160R up front and TS-D690R in back.

9civic7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea thats right 6.5 in the front and 6x9 in the back...im not sure about depths...but in the rear at least i know that you won't have any problems if the depth is alot cuz there is tons of room for them to hang down

MPorter

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lonestar said:
Does anyone know the speakers sizes for the 97 DX? I went onto Crutchfield to look for speakers and such but the ones I want apparently do not fit. What I originally thought was 6.5" up front and 6x9 in the back but I never thought to check for depth or anything.

Pioneer TS-D160R up front and TS-D690R in back.

I just bought some poineer ts-162 for my doors and they are 6 1/4 and i have a 96' civic .

narya

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for the t160s you have to cut the backing out of the speaker hole. i have the same speakers and used a dremel tool to do it. just wear safety glasses, hot flying plastic is bad.

Lonestar

Honda Driver
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
narya said:
and they are 6.5 and 6x9. you are correct
I just bought a set of the Pioneer TS-A1680R's from Sears.com last week (half off, plus shipping) and they're the right size around but they are too damn deep. Couldn't really find the necessary tools to cut the plastic and fit them in, and my attempts to try and bash the plastic off with a hammer failed too. Probably just gonna take the car in and get it done professionally.

On a side note, ordered a set of the TS-A6990R's for the back, and a new DEH-P8600MP deck late last week and they should be here this week. W00t w00t.

narya

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
use a dremel tool with a cutting blade or a medium grid sandpaper, but cover your face. i also have a 97 dx, trust me. i have the rev series 6.5s and they are about 7 inches deep