mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No pics? :wtf:

Rusty2g

Hey, looks like you came up to Chicago? I drove my 99 DX hatch down to Ft. Worth and back, put on 2800 miles and avg. 31-36 mpg doing 70-80 mph. It ran flawlessly and only took about 70 bucks for gas each way. Nice car.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
......a 96-98 rear bumper with a fake version of a 99-00 rear lip on it.....mindblown

conor97hx

It exist so it's real, it's a replica yes. Never found a need to spend the extra when it fits up nice. I like the mix match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I said it's fake, didn't say it's imaginary and doesn't actually exist. If you like it, good for you. It doesn't appear to fit against the bumper properly like the lip that is actually made for that bumper. Just seems a bit strange to fit a 99-00 designed lip (genuine or not) onto a 96-98 bumper.

Just voiced my opinion, hate not included. I've been following the build and I'm all for doing your own thing. :thumbs up

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You cleaned out the EGR chamber and valve and still get the code?

conor97hx

You cleaned out the EGR chamber and valve and still get the code?

Yes, brake cleaner and everything. And the wiring is all connected and looks good so I am pretty sure the egr valve is bad. Normally I'd delete it but since it's good for mpgs I'm keeping it on this one for that reason.

conor97hx

Car is fixed!! Tuned out the alternator ground was bad. I put all the new NRG grounds in now it starts up and rides like a dream again. Now all I need is tires, tie rods and to figure out whats causing the oil leak.

Also in search of a 1,000 watt amp to power my subs, can't say for sure which one i'm getting but looking like everything is coming together since I'm finally over that hump.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you just replaced the coilovers less than a year ago, but already need new rear shocks? Were they used coilovers? Also, what side of the engine are you seeing oil?

conor97hx

you just replaced the coilovers less than a year ago, but already need new rear shocks? Were they used coilovers? Also, what side of the engine are you seeing oil?
Yeah, they were used. And I actually found the leak, it's a hairline crack in the oil pan.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, they were used. And I actually found the leak, it's a hairline crack in the oil pan.

damn. well, at least you found it. Shouldn't be too hard to find a good condition used pan. By the way, I LOVE the stock HX wheels. Wish I had me a set. Seen a few examples here and there on Craigslist, but never when I have the cash handy. If you ever decide to go aftermarket, let me know how much you'd want for those (assuming you'd ever sell, of course)

conor97hx

I've been thinking about selling this...car is a headache and I want to get a gsr. This single cam isn't cutting it for me

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Boost it, everyone seems to think a y5 can't handle boost because it's the "economy" motor but in reality pretty much all d series are. I boosted my y5 and loved it, stock block can handle 220whp and when your ready for more it will cost less than 2g to up the boost

pantyraid

=^.^=
Have a few updates. Replaced fuel filter, got a strut bar and hot air intake, deleted power steering, cleaned up my nrg ground wire install, and restored my headlights and gave it a full detail.

Also, picked up a set of 16s I am going to get powder coated green. Still need tires but I got these for free so no complaints here!

Still need to do valve adjustment, timing belt/water pump, need to replace my fans and cooling fan relay, and am saving up for new coil overs still.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk
Ooh, it's looking really nice

What headlight restorer did you use? That's a big improvement

I like those new wheels too, that's gonna look good

I can't speak for anything mechanically but :thumbup: on the aesthetics =)