1997 DX hatch

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
you made a suggestion

he wrote his opinion of your suggestion...opinions are legal lol

then you tell him to check his mouth before someone else does, lol.

I don't think there's a requirement for everyone to agree with suggestions laid out on this forum, I could be wrong, I haven't read the forum rules in years.
Thanks Kerry. Not to mention that her "suggestion" was not asked for nor was it needed. It was completely off the wall and out of nowhere. Reed had already made a tasteful decision on which brake upgrade to go with in which his own research and knowledge were evident. As I stated before, itr brakes are far more than necessary to stop a stock b16 hatch whether he's daily driving or road racing, especially with a good set of pads. Reeds build is a testament to his intelligence and research and nowhere was it implied that he needed help deciding on what calipers to use when he had already acquired, rebuilt, and painted some. So what made Diana nam feel that it was necessary to impart her infinitely greater insight? Arrogance or narcissism maybe idk. And regardless of cost, personally I wouldn't choose to run wrx calipers on my civic and judging from this build I can imagine reed would feel the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
lol I'm not sure why everyone decided to start roasting you when you weren't even the one who was throwing out pointless "suggestions" to begin with. There's so many options when it comes to oem Honda and a ton of info out there that it seems absurd to me to even suggest using wrx brakes

Allow me to quote my own post here Diana. I stand by my opinion that your suggestion was pointless and that using wrx calipers on a Honda is absurd. Sorry you're so butt hurt that you consider my comment rude but maybe think twice about interjecting your suggestions when they weren't needed or asked for. In my opinion that's rude. Notice I mentioned the fact that there are a plethora of options when it comes to brake upgrades for hondas and immediately after you try to lecture me on the benefits of a dual piston caliper and to check out fastbrakes.com. Your assumption that I know nothing about brakes is rude.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Thanks Kerry. Not to mention that her "suggestion" was not asked for nor was it needed. It was completely off the wall and out of nowhere. Reed had already made a tasteful decision on which brake upgrade to go with in which his own research and knowledge were evident. As I stated before, itr brakes are far more than necessary to stop a stock b16 hatch whether he's daily driving or road racing, especially with a good set of pads. Reeds build is a testament to his intelligence and research and nowhere was it implied that he needed help deciding on what calipers to use when he had already acquired, rebuilt, and painted some. So what made Diana nam feel that it was necessary to impart her infinitely greater insight? Arrogance or narcissism maybe idk. And regardless of cost, personally I wouldn't choose to run wrx calipers on my civic and judging from this build I can imagine reed would feel the same

yea you personally wouldn't run WRX brakes, but that's just you and you don't speak for everyone. everyone here speak for themself. Even so your the one who decided to be rude about it in the first damn place....

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
yea you personally wouldn't run WRX brakes, but that's just you and you don't speak for everyone. everyone here speak for themself. Even so your the one who decided to be rude about it in the first damn place....
Go cry about it. Not my fault youre butthurt. I merely pointed out the fact that your suggestions were uncalled for and therefore ridiculous.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Sorry you're so butt hurt that you consider my comment rude but maybe think twice about interjecting your suggestions when they weren't needed or asked for. In my opinion that's rude.
how about you should think twice on your choice of wording

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
how about you should think twice on your choice of wording
So the words pointless and absurd are a touchy spot for you? It's not as if I directly attacked you. I merely pointed out the FACT that your suggestion was out of nowhere and uncalled for. Why is that so hard for you to understand? If you're as intelligent as you try to make yourself out to be then this should be a simple concept for you. Please explain why you felt it necessary to even interject w a suggestion of brakes? Also since I'm not the most fluent when it comes to subarus braking system but I'm pretty sure there's one simple factor if not more that would make their calipers not suitable for civics. But you should already know that right? Since you know all

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he is entitled to his opinion but as I said would had been better off if had just said the what op has is more then sufficient enough for his setup instead... everything has a consequences good or bad opinion or not. what would you think would had happen if ppl didn't watch what they say and how they say it to other people. His choice of wording and how he said it is just straight up rude as f**k and disrespectful and most people will give you s**t end of the stick for that. its one thing to talk to your own friends and family that way, Its totally different thing when you talk to a stranger/someone you barely know to like that.
clubcivic has always had the reputation of one of the nicest/most friendly honda forums around. With that said, his choice of words expressing his opinion are actually quite tasteful and could've been said much worse....and they typically are much worse on every other forum. You said it yourself, "everything has a consequences good or bad opinion or not", and the consequence to your random suggestion was an opinion that didn't agree with your suggestion. No harm done there. No foul language was used, no direct bashing was used....I'm sorry but I really don't understand your offense to this besides you being a bit sensitive on the keyboard today.

If you can't take negative criticism, don't post. You keep saying he could've omitted his negative opinion altogether, well that holds true to your random suggestion as well. Fair is fair.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
clubcivic has always had the reputation of one of the nicest/most friendly honda forums around. With that said, his choice of words expressing his opinion are actually quite tasteful and could've been said much worse....and they typically are much worse on every other forum. You said it yourself, "everything has a consequences good or bad opinion or not", and the consequence to your random suggestion was an opinion that didn't agree with your suggestion. No harm done there. No foul language was used, no direct bashing was used....I'm sorry but I really don't understand your offense to this besides you being a bit sensitive on the keyboard today.

If you can't take negative criticism, don't post. You keep saying he could've omitted his negative opinion altogether, well that holds true to your random suggestion as well. Fair is fair.
Yet again, thank you Kerry for expressing that better than I couldve myself. To the op and everyone else following this build thread I'd like to apologize for the past two pages of useless nonsense that just ensued on my behalf. I'll take responsibility for that since I'm apparently the as***le here. As for the topic of utilizing wrx brakes on an ek/eg/dc chassis, could anyone point me in the direction of some solid technical info as to how that would be viable?

lunder03

Respected
Wow, what just happened??? This was pointless on all counts and by ALL involved...why don't we just start a "piss and whine or what grinds your gears" thread...i've seen it on other forums...it helps keep the goodies where they belong and the bs where it belongs?!?

My apologies to Mr. Reed, this is unessecary...especially, on your thread.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow, what just happened??? This was pointless on all counts and by ALL involved...why don't we just start a "piss and whine or what grinds your gears" thread...i've seen it on other forums...it helps keep the goodies where they belong and the bs where it belongs?!?

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk
That thread already exists ;)

And yep, sorry @ReedMann - If you want me to clean this thread up just give me a shout.

OddandTwisted

congrats on graduating and the job! oroject car for school is dope. that mustve been a little challeneging. and your hatch is still looking great!

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, that certainly blew up haha. Just to clear the air, the brakes aren't anything special - just standard Integra front calipers. I just wanted something that would bolt right on to the EX/Si knuckles I've got in the garage. Like I said, this is mainly a daily driver now so just looking for a reliable upgrade. My brakes on all four corners need to be serviced, so I figured I would upgrade while I was at it. No updates right now, but I'll be doing some work to it after the holidays, so stay tuned.

To the op and everyone else following this build thread I'd like to apologize for the past two pages of useless nonsense that just ensued on my behalf.
No problem guys haha

And yep, sorry @ReedMann - If you want me to clean this thread up just give me a shout.
No worries, I'm not too concerned about it. Thanks for the offer though.

congrats on graduating and the job! oroject car for school is dope. that mustve been a little challeneging. and your hatch is still looking great!
Thanks man! Yeah the project for school was a ton of hard work and long nights, but I don't regret a minute of it.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Time for another update! First of all, I decided it was time to address the rust on my RR quarter panel before it got any worse. I took the car to body shop to have the panel patched and the quarter resprayed. It looks pretty good, the only problem is that the quarter panel's paint is much nicer than the rest of the car. So I've added paint correction to my future to-do list...

Before:

After:

Then it was time to finish off the brake upgrade I had started months ago... So, new parts:

Centric blank rotors, front and rear
OE spec rear pads
StopTech sport front pads
Moog front lower ball joints
Timken front wheel bearings
86-89 Integra rear wheel studs (more on these later)

Hammered out the hubs

Pressed out the old wheel bearings with the Harbor Freight FWD wheel bearing tool (I actually got the tool on eBay for $60 compared to Harbor Freight's $120 - http://www.harborfreight.com/front-wheel-bearing-adapters-63260.html)

Pressed in the new wheel bearings

Circlip installed

Pressed in the new lower ball joints with a rented tool from Autozone

Had to cut the old outer races off the hubs with a Dremel

Clean vs. dirty hub (didn't get pics, but I pressed the old wheel studs out at work)

Wheel stud comparison. As I mentioned, the studs I used are for the rear end of 86-89 Integras. They are basically the same spec (slightly larger knurl diameter, but doesn't effect much - its only .005") The main difference being the length, 48 mm vs. standard Civic at 36 mm. Basically an OE spec extended stud. I opted for these so I could run front spacers in the future. Right now, with the 205/50/R15s on stock Integra wheels, they rub the inner fender well at full lock.

Specs from Rock Auto of both lug studs:

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1060360&cc=1168938&jsn=341

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1060269&cc=1000034&jsn=11

Old (Civic DX) vs. new (DC Integra) front setup

The front brake lines didn't fit the new calipers correctly so I had to tie the lines up for now. I've got new lines coming in the mail to fix this for real.

The rears had already been converted to discs, but I pulled the calipers off, cleaned them up and painted to match the fronts

I also installed the Integra 1" MC and the EM1 prop valve while I was at it. Me friend came over to help me bleed the brakes and I was all set. (Ignore the dirty wheels)

Sorry for the lack of pics, but I was working hard to get this all knocked out in a weekend since its my daily. More to come...

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm really happy to see this build still going. Hope everything is well in NC. Late congrats on graduating too!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this thing has came a long way! that brake setup looks familiar! lol, good job man, i love that you still have this.