1997 Honda Civic CX alignment issue

97EKHatchback

Symptoms
The ride height is off on one wheel or the fender is drooping. The steering wheel favors left when driving straight.

Here is the before and after alignment specifications. I would like to install coil overs but I want to fix my current right front camber issue and steering wheel being off.

Before Measurements

Left front 0.0° Camber
Left front 1.1° Caster
Left front Toe -0.05° (Out of specification)

Left rear -1.1° Camber
Left rear 0.22° Toe (Out of specification)

Right front -1.5° Camber (Out of specification)
Right front 1.2° Caster
Right front 0.40° Toe (Out of specification)

Right rear -1.9° Camber
Right rear toe 0.05° Toe

Total Toe front 0.35° (Out of specification)
Front steer ahead -0.23° (Out of specification)

Right rear -1.9° Camber
Right rear 0.05° Toe

Rear total toe 0.27°
Thrust angle 0.09°

Current Measurements

Left front -0.1° Camber
Left front 1.1° Caster
Left front Toe -0.02°

Left rear -1.3° Camber
Left rear 0.06° Toe

Right front -1.3° Camber (Out of specification)
Right front 1.2° Caster
Right front -0.02° Toe

Total Toe front-0.04 °
Front steer ahead 0.00°

Right rear -1.8° Camber
Right rear toe 0.10° Toe

Rear total toe 0.16°
Thrust angle -0.02°

The only way I have thought about fixing this is installing adjustable control arms on the front (to fix camber) and rotating the steering wheel a few degrees right (fix off centered steering wheel).

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

97EKHatchback

My buddy just installed trailing arm bushings for me. This seemed to help the steering wheel being off. Could the trailing arm bushings effect the front camber being off on one wheel too or do you think I still need front adjustable camber kit?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did you have the trailing arm bushings replace before or after the new alignment? Are you on stock suspension or aftermarket(need to know for the ride height issue)?

Check all of your bushings in the suspension. Also check all your ball joints. You want to make sure all your components are good before you start throwing aftermarket parts at the problem. That would end up being just a small band aid if you have worn suspension components. Also want to make sure nothing is bent from any accidents.