1997 Single Cam Vtec

redcivicls95

redcivicls95
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This car ran 16,6 stock..thats my base time.. I want to run into the low 14's .. So far i've compiled a parts list which includes,

ARP Head Studs
Cometic Head Gasket
Crower Stage 2 Cam
DC Sports Header
Fuel Rail
Short Ram Intake
Fidanza Flywheel
Stock Clutch
75hp Dry Shot
Walbrol 255 Fuel Pump

I already swapped a 1995 civic and it ran damn good. I came across this 97 single cam very cheap and i've always wanted to build a single cam.. Im not stupid when it comes to cars but i am a lil rusty. Any comments or suggestions are much appreciated=)

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Screw cometic, go with OEM headgasket. You should be able to run a mid(ish) 14 with the nitrous and some good tires...

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Why nitrous? That's almost like cheating. But yeah, Kensai is right. Just don't over do it on the nitrous and it's cool.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would try out some skunk 2 parts their reall good and effiecient
sorry for spelling i feel like s**t

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol nitrous isn't cheating. your car should run what you want with the 75 shot. if you have good tires

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your in a drag race competition and the rules state that you can not use nitrous, but you run a car that uses nitrous, then YES. at this point nitrous is cheating, any other situation that doesn't regulate the use of it, is not cheating.

redcivicls95

redcivicls95
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well i use a cometic triple layer on my Hayabusa and they've been great but i will gladly go with a stock one at half the price.. lol..Thanks for all the replies. And sorry to whoever thinks nitrous is cheating. It takes days and hundreds of passes to get a car to run just right on the bottle. Theres alot of tuning involved the same as any power adder so if its cheating then there is about 25 million cheaters in the U.S. lol