1998 Honda Civic climate control cable issue

Draco1983

Hey everyone,

New to the forum and I have been browsing the forums for some help with my "unique situation" =)
I have found some topics related, but not quite what I need. So here's my issue:

My 98 Civic's Heater Core went bad and I made the mistake of having an acquaintance to replace it for me. This guy knows cars and has done them before so I felt good about it, and he offered to help. Anyway the problem I have is after he replaced it he forgot to run the small cable through the firewall back to the heater control valve! Am I SOL in regards to getting this cable reconnected without disassembling the entire dash and heater core?
Anyway, any help would be much appreciated as controlling the air temp manually under the hood is getting old.

Thanks so much in advance!

Draco1983

Yes I did, I used a small pice of wire to go through the engine side firewall and that goes through I'm curious if there are any shortcuts to repair this rather than drain the coolant, remove the heater core and it's housing, etc.

Draco1983

The issue is that the cable from the climate control lever is not coming out of the firewall and connecting to the valve.
When he put the new heater core in he forgot to pull the cable through to the valve. From the inside of the car I can hear the cable flopping around when I adjust the climate control lever but I can't see it. Wondering if there is a way to get that cable through to connect it to the valve without removing the whole heater core.

RonJ

Banned
The issue is that the cable from the climate control lever is not coming out of the firewall and connecting to the valve.
When he put the new heater core in he forgot to pull the cable through to the valve. From the inside of the car I can hear the cable flopping around when I adjust the climate control lever but I can't see it. Wondering if there is a way to get that cable through to connect it to the valve without removing the whole heater core.
It's hard for me to envision the exact problem. Can you post some nice pictures showing the cable protruding from both the firewall and under the dash on the passenger side?

Attachments

Draco1983

Sure I'll get on that. The end of the cable is not coming through to the engine side of the firewall, and I can't see it under the dash, but I can hear it when I adjust the temp lever. I'll post some pictures in a bit.

Thank you!

RonJ

Banned
Sure I'll get on that. The end of the cable is not coming through to the engine side of the firewall, and I can't see it under the dash, but I can hear it when I adjust the temp lever. I'll post some pictures in a bit.

Thank you!
See diagrams in my last post. They may help.

Draco1983

That helped and it's fixed! What I did was disconnect the heater valve cable from underneath the passenger side and completely removed it. I then fished it through from the engine side back. I was able to reconnect it and all is good. Thanks for your help!