1999 Civic swap advice

Peter Boyles

So I'm wondering what you guys/girls would recommend as a good engine swap from D16y8. Im also planning on using a turbo. I would like at lease a 1.8L and something that's not extremely expensive or extremely hard to swap in. Thanks for your advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please do some research as every single feasible engine swap has been done, documented and discussed many times along with people regularly asking the same question. Being that you seem to have limited automotive knowledge, research is vital so start by using the search function. Keep in mind that swap options begin and establishing power goals and a budget. The golden rule is...

Fast-cheap-reliable = you can only pick two

Peter Boyles

Please do some research as every single feasible engine swap has been done, documented and discussed many times along with people regularly asking the same question. Being that you seem to have limited automotive knowledge, research is vital so start by using the search function. Keep in mind that swap options begin and establishing power goals and a budget. The golden rule is...

Fast-cheap-reliable = you can only pick two
Thanks for your advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cheap and easy, gets along with a turbo - B18B1

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cheap and easy, gets along with a turbo - B18B1
If it were cheap and easy, they'd be A LOT more respectable, reliable, better built boosted Hondas' around then,instead of the backyard, low budget, live at my parents still, half done, hack jobs.

YoungYoyi18

Respected
It all depends on ur pockets pretty much u need to change some parts around to make it work. If u get a d series motor ur good money if u get a b series then u need to change parts. I had a gsr in my car paid $1200 for the full swap low miles off someone that parted out there gsr integra n bought the post mount n t bracket with some nice hassport mounts n everything was plug n play minus running longer wires for some sensors n done. I spent alil over $1600 but it was worth it big diffenece or sell ur car n get a em1 b series ready.

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it were cheap and easy, they'd be A LOT more respectable, reliable, better built boosted Hondas' around then,instead of the backyard, low budget, live at my parents still, half done, hack jobs.
Please point out where in my post I said it would draw respect? Instead of always being a stick in the mud in almost every thread, please contribute to the topic instead of only picking apart what others post with obviously relative opinion and saltiness.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was 20 when we swapped my b18 and turbo. Lived with the 'rents then. Swapped in my buddies backyard.

It was cheap(ish) and easy. But there will always be people who try do hack jobs and try to find workarounds regardless.

"Cheap" is a relative term.
"Easy" is a relative term....

OP, look into a B18. And look into Go-Autoworks turbo kits.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please point out where in my post I said it would draw respect? Instead of always being a stick in the mud in almost every thread, please contribute to the topic instead of only picking apart what others post with obviously relative opinion and saltiness.
It wasn't a personal attack on you.
You don't like it, don't read it, nor reply, and move along.
Since it seems to matter to you, go back, read my old posts, more often then not, I do contribute with info or guidance.
Break it down, do the math and get back to me with a %.
If it's less than 50%, I'll try to do better for you....

But there will always be people who try do hack jobs and try to find workarounds regardless.
You're one of the anomalies....
More often than not it seems with these cars, the latter is the case.

Last edited: