1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

1999 Civic swap advice

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by Peter Boyles, Jan 11, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Peter Boyles

Peter Boyles New Member

So I'm wondering what you guys/girls would recommend as a good engine swap from D16y8. Im also planning on using a turbo. I would like at lease a 1.8L and something that's not extremely expensive or extremely hard to swap in. Thanks for your advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. HeX

HeX Authoritah, respected. Staff Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Please do some research as every single feasible engine swap has been done, documented and discussed many times along with people regularly asking the same question. Being that you seem to have limited automotive knowledge, research is vital so start by using the search function. Keep in mind that swap options begin and establishing power goals and a budget. The golden rule is...

Fast-cheap-reliable = you can only pick two

Ep3po likes this.
  3. Peter Boyles

Peter Boyles New Member

Thanks for your advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. A]]Th!ngSound

A]]Th!ngSound Aspiring to Boost 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Cheap and easy, gets along with a turbo - B18B1

XpL0d3r likes this.
  5. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

If it were cheap and easy, they'd be A LOT more respectable, reliable, better built boosted Hondas' around then,instead of the backyard, low budget, live at my parents still, half done, hack jobs.

Ep3po likes this.
  6. YoungYoyi18

YoungYoyi18 Respected

It all depends on ur pockets pretty much u need to change some parts around to make it work. If u get a d series motor ur good money if u get a b series then u need to change parts. I had a gsr in my car paid $1200 for the full swap low miles off someone that parted out there gsr integra n bought the post mount n t bracket with some nice hassport mounts n everything was plug n play minus running longer wires for some sensors n done. I spent alil over $1600 but it was worth it big diffenece or sell ur car n get a em1 b series ready.

7. A]]Th!ngSound

A]]Th!ngSound Aspiring to Boost 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Please point out where in my post I said it would draw respect? Instead of always being a stick in the mud in almost every thread, please contribute to the topic instead of only picking apart what others post with obviously relative opinion and saltiness.

8. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I was 20 when we swapped my b18 and turbo. Lived with the 'rents then. Swapped in my buddies backyard.

It was cheap(ish) and easy. But there will always be people who try do hack jobs and try to find workarounds regardless.

"Cheap" is a relative term.
    "Easy" is a relative term....

OP, look into a B18. And look into Go-Autoworks turbo kits.

9. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

It wasn't a personal attack on you.
    You don't like it, don't read it, nor reply, and move along.
    Since it seems to matter to you, go back, read my old posts, more often then not, I do contribute with info or guidance.
    Break it down, do the math and get back to me with a %.
    If it's less than 50%, I'll try to do better for you....

You're one of the anomalies....
    More often than not it seems with these cars, the latter is the case.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    jacobschmidt65 and XpL0d3r like this.