1st 50mi on Raceland coilovers

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
Just got the raceland coilovers installed yesterday. I really like them actually. I think i may roll the rear fenders or raise it a quarter of an inch all around due to some rub on bigger bumps. However ride quality really isnt to different considering im far from factory. 16x7 +38 wheels, 205-45-16 tires, and lowered close to 2". Pics will be posted later today. It rides a little stiffer, but it really isnt bouncy and it is very tolerable. I will be raising it this weekend though :P

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U post this with no pics?

Wtf?

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a friend who just installed some Raceland coilovers and the welds are breaking after about 6 weeks. Make sure to inspect them regularly.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've heard too many bad things to even consider buying a set of these.. best of luck, throw up some pics already!

civic98ek

Registered VIP
ive been trying to find coilovers that arent a ridiculous price but im also not trying to get bad quality either. its only 50 mi. keep us updated

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
pics or gtfo

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
Thanks everybody. I have been busy with work and havent had time to take pics. I will be tomorrow and this weekend after i raise it a little bit. They feel great. No complaints so far. SORRY ABOUT THE PICS...

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
UPDATE: Over 2k mile review. I still love them, they make a little noise due to the metal on metal i believe. They are super adjustable as i found out. At first my tires rubbed a little bit so I thought i raised it 1/2" on the threads... turns out i lowered it more. So i went to adjust just the front and ended up lowering it and 1 1/2"... My tires were an inch inside the wheel well. I fixed it the next day and now to this day they are great. They only make some noise on really rough, Burrillville roads. Well worth the money!

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

My Bad:

[/IMG]
Fixed:
[/IMG]

PERKS

i bought the racelands too havnt put them on yet but i notice that alot the honda guys hate on them and all the vw guys love them my buddy has a mk2 jetta coupe with racelands on it and he loves them no problems what so ever and he was had them on for almost 2 years

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
i bought the racelands too havnt put them on yet but i notice that alot the honda guys hate on them and all the vw guys love them my buddy has a mk2 jetta coupe with racelands on it and he loves them no problems what so ever and he was had them on for almost 2 years
To this day no problems at all with them. The noise i thought they were making is actually my rear sway bar links... So for precautionary measures I will be doing thoughs and the bushings. Rides good though for being so low and cheap! :D
I live where most of the roads suck too and they are holding up fine.
I still recommend them for a d.d.

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
I'm around haha
After about 20k miles they are still great for the money. I drive as responsibly aggressive that you can with a stock d. I love on and off ramps, usually 60mph is no problem even on the tight ones, no sign of slipping or understeer. I have Yokohama S.drives that help alot too though

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know plenty of people with racelands and i have yet to see an issue with them and they ride good even when they are all the way down

a lot of honda people hate raceland, but very few have experience with them

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
Yeah for the money you wont get anything even close to it. They can take a bit of a beating to on New England crappy roads. haha
VW people seem to swear by them if they aren't on bags...