2.0 Inch drop spring will it blow my shocks ?

ceppto

5+ Year Member
With a new 06 model do you think if i put a 2,0 inch drop spring on my car will it blow my shocks and screw up alot of stuff on my new car ?

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude its worth it in the end to do springs and shocks all at once... just save up for both

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it an Si? the Si shocks would prolly last for a while but would eventually blow, I wouldnt even try it on an ex/lx

ceppto

5+ Year Member
so what would be a good shock to hold up a 2inch drop ? What will i spend on just shocks alone ?

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tunersports.com Im sure he has stuff for 8th gens

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you looking for a performance upgrade or just to get low?

ceppto

5+ Year Member
King Bob said:
are you looking for a performance upgrade or just to get low?
To get low ! But right now my $$$ isn't gonna take me far since My wife and I are having our 1st kid in Nov . So I don't want to install a spring that wont allow me to keep my stock shocks for at least a few months allowing me to save . Also the pics of that guys 8th gen has Tein S springs now they only have them out for the SI , but I see he had a EX . Now if I went with Tein will they fit my car since I don't have a SI . Im decideing on the H&R springs instead of the Neuspeed just so I don't need to worry about screwing up my car I have 17x7 wheels so I just want something to look good since no bodykit will go on my car this time

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am not sure if he used the Si springs or if he found fg1 springs somewhere, just keep an eye on this thread, I will pm him for you to bring this thread to his attention.

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dropped my civc 4" on stock struts for over 6 months, if you don't ride the hell out of it. You'll be fine.

ceppto

5+ Year Member
King Bob said:
I am not sure if he used the Si springs or if he found fg1 springs somewhere, just keep an eye on this thread, I will pm him for you to bring this thread to his attention.

Thanks ,
I know if you go to low then ill need to get a Camber set , A front and rear sway bar upgrade ( from stock ) So Im just kind of weary about 2 inches Just want to be safe , but still be pleased with the look of my car .

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what up what up

the springs you see in my picutre thread are Tein S-techs for the Si, but the suspension is the same exact thing on both Si and non-si (aside from the fact that the stock struts/springs may have a little more "sport" to it than the non-si) otherwise springs are the same size all that s**t)

1.4" drop and the car rides like STOCK! it's insane, the rear cambers a bit though but the front stays straight... i would get a rear camber kit just to keep from getting incorrect camber wear on the tires, save you some money in the long run since you have a son...

in all honesty, i'm not sure how long the stock shocks would last on a 2" drop... you'll probably experience a rougher ride than you'd want on stock shocks with a 2" drop... but i have a pretty good feeling that you'll be fine on those springs for at LEAST 2 years....

if you really want to drop your car that low though, i'd recommend you get some Tein basics (or Tein SS)... drop is up to 1.73" (and thats lower than you think)

matter of fact here are some pics of a an FG2 dropped on Tein SS

http://www.fgcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1830

as you can see there, if you went any lower... you'd be scrapin... (don't want that, not functional) and with the Tein Type Flex you can go as low as 2.14"

I'd also recommend taking a look at Megan Racing coilovers... ALMOST comparable to the Tein Type flex for half the price (around $800-900)

but if your trying to save right now... just get neuspeeds and ride on them.... ride them for like 2 months(springs will have settled by then) and in 2 months if all seems koo you'll be fine

I don't know how similiar the 6th gen shocks are to the 8th gen (but like all new things, they are better than the previous version) but I had skunk2 coilovers on my 2000 Si riding on stock shocks... s**t was DUMPED (here is a pic for reference, only one i could find on the internet)

and I rode around on those for almost 2 years, shocks never blew or came close, and in fact.. the setup was used for about 1.5-2 years prior to my ownership

cliff notes you'll be fine on stock shocks with neuspeeds, but don't expect to have comfort/quality ride... if you want that at least get tein basics (shocks/spring combo made to be lowered)

hope this helps... i'll keep and eye on the thread if can be of any more help

Last edited:

ceppto

5+ Year Member
Yeh thats alot of help . thanks alot . I will keep you guys informed on what i have installed I should have all this done in 2 weeks so I will post up some before and after pics . Once agian thanks alot !