1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

2000 Civic Ex dying when i come to a stop?? MAF sensor??

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by kj 47, Oct 12, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. kj 47

kj 47 New Member 5+ Year Member

2000 civic has been turning off when i come to a stop once the car warms up. At start up idles and drives fine until it warms up then when i come to a stop it turns off. It starts fine imediatlly and will idle but turns off when i come to a stop agian?? I was told could be MAF sensor but what do you think any help would be appreciated.

2. Wax Hands

Wax Hands Smell my finger Registered VIP

You dont havea MAF sensor. They didnt start installing them until 2001-ish.

Your engine runs on a MAP setup. However what you are describing either sounds like a faulty coolant temp sensor or perhaps an ignition issue.

However I have seen fuel pumps stop operating after heating up, mainly only happens when the tank is low though.

3. kj 47

thanks for the correction and info. If it was a tempeture sensor would I throw a CEL??? cause it dosent throw any codes.

4. kj 47

O and ill try putting some gas in it ive been running her pretty low lately.