2000 Civic ex (ej8) no power door lock control unit wtf???

dookiehatch

5+ Year Member
whats up everybody......i have searched and found interesting posts...some very helpful, but i dont know whats going on...

i drive a 2000 civic EX....... from what i have read im several postings...all 2000 ex models come with keyless entry....if not i'm pretty sure they come with power locks......i recently bought this car, it was trashed, theft recovery...

the weird thing is...i cant find the keyless entry control module/power door lock control module... i have read its a small plastic box behind the trim piece on the driver's kick panel....i removed it and theres nothing there...theres one up higher, think its the cruise control unit....i see where the box is supposed to be bolted to...but its not there....

my question is.....does the door lock control box have 1 or 2 plugs?

reason i am asking is because there is a harness that looks like it would go to the door control unit but its pluged in to the other side of the harness.....

another question....is there a possibility when the car was stolen they took the dash harness and it now has a 96-98 dash harness? i doubt it....because arent the harnesses different? my power windows, speakers, tweeters, mirrors WORK JUST FINE...

i can upload pics if necessary, thanks if you can help, i need my power locks....:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::(:idea::???:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes its suppose to have power locks
but..why didnt you check it before you were buying it? :(

dookiehatch

5+ Year Member
well, i really couldnt complain too much...a 2000 civic ex, for $450.00?? would you complain? probably not right....?

so what do ya guys think the problem is? wrong dash harness or just nee to install the door lock control unit? thanks..

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, i really couldnt complain too much...a 2000 civic ex, for $450.00?? would you complain? probably not right....?

so what do ya guys think the problem is? wrong dash harness or just nee to install the door lock control unit? thanks..
$450? Maybe it's stolen... was the guy shady? Haha.

Post pics.

dookiehatch

5+ Year Member
nope not shady at all....guy was straight forward about the engine not running and stuff...the car had been stolen before it was his, when he bought it it was already a salvage title due to vandalism/theft....

i just got back from the junkyard and picked up the door lock control unit and the security control main unit......

both were out of a 99 dx i think....had manual windows....i get home and check...the plugs for these control units are not there.....im guessing the dash harness was replaced....but which harness/car would have power windows and no power locks? f**king weird.....

dookiehatch

5+ Year Member
lets see if i can upload some pics...

This is my car...notice there is no harness for the power door lock control unit....there is the bolt holes though...probably meaning it was once there or....

and this is what its supposed to look like..

moebiius

5+ Year Member
so is there just one plug that goes into the lock control unit or are there two harnesses? maybe a full picture?