2000 civic ex left headlight

710times

Hi this just started happening this morning. I have a 2000 civic ex coupe and all of a sudden the left headlight is starting to read power at the ground side. This happened to me when I was gonna go change out the hid system to another system. The right side works fine. the left side gets power to the high and low beam as they should but when I put the test light on the ground side it makes my test light go from bright to dim and keeps repeating it. So this is not letting the ballast to energize. As soon as I ground out the ground side of the hid ballast the light fires right up. Please help. I've never had this kind of problem in any car. Especially just popping up this quick from the middle of no where. When I first plugged in the new ballast it fired up perfectly then after I shut it off to complete the installation upon turning them back on when I was all done is when I seen that only one side was firing. That's when I continued t test to find that the ground is making my test light blink form bright to dim. I tried being most detail so people will understand what I'm trying to get at. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

710times

Are you talking about the ground that's on the radiator support on the left side? If so I've removed that and cleaned it. Or are you actually talking about following the ground wire on the socket? Thank you @boofoo. Much is appreciated.

710times

Ok. I can't really get a good look at where g202 was without a further out look. But I'm sure I can find it

Would I get a better look if I pulled the light off? I have to pull the light in a day or two to put a new light retaining clip that the last owner lost. I'm trying to fix all his "modifications"

Last edited by a moderator:

710times

And sorry I'm only asking this right now because I can't go out and look at my car at the moment. When I'm done helping my daughter with her homework then I can go look at it.

Ok thank you boofoo. I will let you know what happens after I take a look at it. Appreciate it. [emoji106]

Last edited by a moderator:

710times

Oh yes, super obvious. One I moved my windshield fluid tank back I saw it. And one of the wires are broke. So I'm guessing that's my issue.