2000 civic hood latch problem

ej8_st

When I get the hood in the hook, i can't push it down unless if i just drop it down from a foot above the latch. What can i do about this?

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Have you checked the position of the latch or signs of wear?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check the angle of the latch. You didnt stand on your radiator support did you?

ej8_st

Have you checked the position of the latch or signs of wear?
i took it off. cleaned out the debris, and put the mechanism back on where it's as far down ad as centered as possible.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Did you check for the angle like 2slo4u you mentioned? also upon closing, when you push down on the hood, does it just pop up again or does it not close at all unless you let it drop? Have you checked if the length of the latch (like is one worn down and the other isn't or distance between the two parts) fits snug? one might be shorter, I know it sounds weird but it happened to me once so it could be but maybe not enough, take a good look at all possibilities. we can only help you as much as the info you give us :P

ej8_st

Did you check for the angle like 2slo4u you mentioned? also upon closing, when you push down on the hood, does it just pop up again or does it not close at all unless you let it drop? Have you checked if the length of the latch (like is one worn down and the other isn't or distance between the two parts) fits snug? one might be shorter, I know it sounds weird but it happened to me once so it could be but maybe not enough, take a good look at all possibilities. we can only help you as much as the info you give us :P
idk it's weird. like once it get's passed the hook where you can't pull it up, it's just like a wall where you can't push it down. and some time ago, it did work where it would get in the hook and i could push it down easy but now it's just like a wall before and after i took out the latch mechanism so that's not relevant.