1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

!!!!2000 Civic Si Not Starting (distributor Problem No Spark) Need Help Asap!!!

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by Civic_Type_Si, Nov 30, 2007.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Civic_Type_Si

Civic_Type_Si New Member 5+ Year Member

hi my Si is not starting at all at first i thought it was the computer i changed it same probelm, then removed the distributor cap to see if rotor is spining and it is. I dont know what the probelm is and i cant get to work or school help asap thanks

2. civicturbo91

civicturbo91 professional bitchslapper Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

check crankshaft position sensor. the only problem is you cant check to see if its good you have to change it out. its like30 for my car but for a 00 si its like 1 something. good luck dude

3. Civic_Type_Si

dont really have alot of money rite now, i got to be sure if am going to spend around a 100 thanks man i going to look into it

4. biglou954

biglou954 Heyyyy Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

are the plugs getting spark?

5. snozepp147

snozepp147 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

have you done a mod to it lately or did it just not start one day? make sure both fuel and spark are getting into the cylinders/

6. aaren99

aaren99 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I had the same problem with an older car of mine and I changed everything from the coil, plugs wires, rotor and still nothing. I finally changed the module/ignitor located inside the distributor and as soon as I replaced it I could feel the spark go though the wires.

7. imbcruz

imbcruz ItsMeBraulio!! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Coil.. ?

8. Project_EK9

Project_EK9 New Member 5+ Year Member

check the ign.coil.

9. civic98turbo

civic98turbo I'm back .... Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

check all the fuses as well...

example ign coil ...there is 2 fuses for this..under dash and under hood....
    if not blown check the ICM ( ignition control module) and if thats not it...check the coil itself...and then plugs, wires, cap, rotor..ect

10. Civic_Type_Si

I Fixed the probelm it was the icm inside the dasg i had put in a blower for the heater and forgot to plug it back in lol