!!!!2000 Civic Si Not Starting (distributor Problem No Spark) Need Help Asap!!!

Civic_Type_Si

5+ Year Member
hi my Si is not starting at all at first i thought it was the computer i changed it same probelm, then removed the distributor cap to see if rotor is spining and it is. I dont know what the probelm is and i cant get to work or school help asap thanks

civicturbo91

professional bitchslapper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check crankshaft position sensor. the only problem is you cant check to see if its good you have to change it out. its like30 for my car but for a 00 si its like 1 something. good luck dude

Civic_Type_Si

5+ Year Member
dont really have alot of money rite now, i got to be sure if am going to spend around a 100 thanks man i going to look into it

check crankshaft position sensor. the only problem is you cant check to see if its good you have to change it out. its like30 for my car but for a 00 si its like 1 something. good luck dude

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are the plugs getting spark?

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have you done a mod to it lately or did it just not start one day? make sure both fuel and spark are getting into the cylinders/

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had the same problem with an older car of mine and I changed everything from the coil, plugs wires, rotor and still nothing. I finally changed the module/ignitor located inside the distributor and as soon as I replaced it I could feel the spark go though the wires.

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check all the fuses as well...

example ign coil ...there is 2 fuses for this..under dash and under hood....
if not blown check the ICM ( ignition control module) and if thats not it...check the coil itself...and then plugs, wires, cap, rotor..ect

Civic_Type_Si

5+ Year Member
I Fixed the probelm it was the icm inside the dasg i had put in a blower for the heater and forgot to plug it back in lol