2000 Honda Civic EX Coupe

geoman92

Hello everyone! New to the site! Just wanted to share my fairly recent new acquisition. I have a shop and had a customer come in with a beat up, ash infested 2000 EX with a no start. Started looking around had spark, fuel, etc. Take the heat shield off and there it is; a hole on the block! Sadly didn't take any pictures of it at first! Anyways let the customer know what the damage was and he said it wasn't worth it for him to fix it. He asked me about scraping and I lowballed him at $80 for car with the title. He agreed only if I took care of removing the radio he had in it. So 80$ later here I am with a pretty nice Civic!Spent $500 on a used with 76k miles D16Y8 and installed it in about a day. Changed plugs, wires, air and fuel filter, etc. Changed the brakes all around and painted the calipers and drums a very tacky red :rice:. Fixed an exhaust leak and cleaned it up real nice inside and actually got rid of the strong smoke smell! However the car did have drivers side rear damage. The quarter panel was slightly smashed in, the bumper was ripped off on that corner, the outer tail light was smashed to pieces, and the piece that runs under the tail light was smashed in. Also the passenger fender was chewed up so i ordered a tail light, fender, and bumper and I am having them painted and that rear quarter panel taken care of by a buddy of mine for a couple hundred which was a steal I think. Still waiting for fog lights, type r grill, and other details like new visors, but it is getting there and runs pretty nice. Car is to be painted today and by the weekend all the parts should be going back on and be ready to hit the street. Can't wait to ride this pony into he sunset! (more pics will be coming soon with other upgrades and pics of the interior and engine bay.

P.S Yes those wheels are going away it had three five X and one seven x. Not sure whats going to be on it now, but they're 17 and the tires have about 80% thread left so looking for wheels now!

These pics do show the damage in the rear but bumper and fender had been removed by this point. Also pics include the body work and that was done and the primer on it already.

Last edited:

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Not a bad deal, $80 for a shell. Looks like you're off to a great start

geoman92

Thanks guys! Will upload more pics of it once its polished and looking spiffy