2001 Accord V6 oil leak

stangman39

Hi all,

I know...Civic forum...but Accord question...forgive me!

Been dealing with a slight oil leak on my wife's '01 Accord V6 recently.
Oil change place put in an oversize drain plug about a week ago. We were out of town for a few days and left her car parked in the garage. Noticed today a few drops on the floor. When she got home I checked it and seems to be still leaking....but this time it may be coming from a similar looking drain plug above the main one...up above the power steering arm. Is this a 2nd drain plug or something totally different?

I'm not sure if the shop installed a new drain plug washer with the new oversized plug but I would assume they did b/c the old one probably wouldn't have fit on the oversized plug.

I also think it only seems to leak after the car has started to cool down.

Any tips or thoughts would help...getting tired of dealing with this!

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Can you post a pic of what you see? That'd help out.

stangman39

I took it into the dealer today. They said the crush washer the quick change oil place put on was junk or a very old one. They change the oil, Honda filter and new crush ring. Said they ran it, no leaks. I told them to make sure they run it and let it sit and then check. Drove home and of course a couple drips from the plug after parking it. Got under it, got out the torque wrench and set it at 30 (since I think I read that somewhere else) and was able to give it a couple of cranks. I'll drive it tonight and see if that finally fixed it!

While at the dealer also had them replace the front and side engine mounts since they have been bad for awhile and I don't have the time or patience these days to change them myself. I know I wasted about $400 in labor.

stangman39

Ended up being the oil pump seal and crank seal! So...pretty much another timing belt job...$1300 later from being raped by the dealer it seems to be fixed!! Guess we'll have the car for another couple years!