2001 Civic Coupe Bodykits

moleykart

5+ Year Member
Hi Guys, first post so be gentle...:lol:

Anyone know where I can get a decent "sports/race" looking bodykit for a 2001 Honda Civic Coupe? (http://www.bestautosalespa.com/db_2001_Honda_Civic_EX.jpg)

I'm after a wide arch style one if possible as I'm planning to turn my car into a race car, and obviously going to widen the wheelbase etc. for handling. Most of the bodykits I've seen are, not exactly crap, just they're more for show cars and not so keen on them.

Ideally a DTM style would be good, or a wide arch version of this (just the bumper but you get the idea...) http://www.mimousa.com/products/ED-100247_b.jpg

I live in the UK, but don't really mind where the kits are located - if I like it, I'll get it!

Thanks fo the help in advance :cool:

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first off...this post is going to get eaten alive but if you truly do want a race car then why don't you save your money and spend it on engine work or even a swap. if intentions are good then spend it on the stuff that has form and function not just form you know. if your body kitting your car for aerodynamics...i dont know how to say it nicely but body kits are only for looks and serve no functional purpose on a race car. the reason why jgtc cars have killer body lines is because at over 110 mph canard, splitters, and wings actually create an aero affect on the car.

but if your looking for a body kit for looks try bomex...(i dont really know any body kit manufacturers that are reputable)
http://bomexaero.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_7&products_id=57

?!?! kinda looks liek a race car?!!?!?!

moleykart

5+ Year Member
I have a whole list of modifications I'm intending to do, including cutting most of the back end away to fit a spaceframe to hold a V6, making it sort of mid engined, and rearwheel drive.

I under stand that bodykits in general don't make a whole lot of difference, but as I say, it's going to be modified left right and centre. I should have said I would like a bodykit as a starting point.

There are waaaay to many intentions/ideas/design elements to list including engine, brakes, suspension etc...

Bodykit looks nice, and the car too!

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Moley,
If you wanted a v6 and rear wheel drive and a racecar, why would you buy a civic? Not that it cant be done, but thats gonna cost like twice as much as you paid for your car if not more

moleykart

5+ Year Member
I alreayd have the car, been driving it around for almost a year now, and as I'm about to retire form karting, I want something else to do.

I appreciate the comments about money etc... bu I have worked it out (roughly though that is) and e-mailed a few companies already about parts etc.. and the overall total cost won't be that bad.

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man, i have an 01 as well, but why would you put all this time and money into an 01? you wont be done till 2010 lol. Why wouldnt u just buy a wrx or a sti, that comes stock with power and rear wheel? Whatever you are smoking, i want some.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe they do s**t differently in the UK like mid engine retrofits?!?! but in america we mostly either turbo the d series or if the money is there we swap in a k series. OOOORRRR we buy a fast rear wheel drive from the start like a ws6 or bmw 335i u know

but do post pics of your mid engine work

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe they do s**t differently in the UK like mid engine retrofits?!?! but in america we mostly either turbo the d series or if the money is there we swap in a k series. OOOORRRR we buy a fast rear wheel drive from the start like a ws6 or bmw 335i u know

but do post pics of your mid engine work
yea i agree. if your going to do it... please. make a thread about the build. theres a guy on HT who did a mid engine conversion on an integra. huge thread on that. another thread about the guy who fitted a vette motor in his 6th gen.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i agree. if your going to do it... please. make a thread about the build. theres a guy on HT who did a mid engine conversion on an integra. huge thread on that. another thread about the guy who fitted a vette motor in his 6th gen.
x2. but wasnt the guy on honda tech some kind of engineer?
i find alot of these kids wanting to do this stuff lately arent thinking it all the way through. some think it'll be a simple swap. not knowing about needing to think about the mechanical logistics that are involved. the fabrication work alone needs to be done by a skilled craftsman. eh, what ever though. who am I to tell these people not to dream. although I can be the one to tell them theyre retarded. :roll:

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Snake send me a link to the vette swap, sounds interesting.
I'm into muscle cars too.
Working on my truck from a 305 to a twin turbo 427 or 502 swap in my stepside.
Big Horses

moleykart

5+ Year Member
I am not an engineer, but I've been involved with motorsports for 6 years or so, and regularly help out on peoples cars for them.

I have thought about the possible problems that may arise from such an ambitious project, and what will need to go into it. But someone once said to me... "why bother building a car one, when you can have as much fun modifying one"... So... that's what I'm doing. I'm not building a car, I'm modifying one!

I understand what you are saying about why bother etc. Thing is - has ANYONE seen a mid-engined Honda Civic before? I haven't... I would like to do a modern Civic, but as I stated a qhile ago, money is a bit tight at the moment.

Granted the Astra I currently share-drive with a friend of mine is about 20 years old... but still - it's a car...

Could you post a link to the integra conversion?

I am currently designing (just to get a rough idea though) the new rear-end of the car so once I finish that, I'll post it up for people to have a nose at.

Last edited:

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your going to be doing a hell-of-a-lotta machining and fabricating especially for the steering and drivetrain my friend. better get really good at using Pro-E software.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Snake send me a link to the vette swap, sounds interesting.
I'm into muscle cars too.
Working on my truck from a 305 to a twin turbo 427 or 502 swap in my stepside.
Big Horses
look up miata ls1 conversion guys are slamming ls1 engines in miatas...power to weight ratio = ridiculous

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The Corvette was more like "fit a Civic body on top of a Corvette chassis" than anything. I remember there was a kid with a 4th gen Prelude who put an LS1 in, mid/rear with help from his welder father. As I understand it, neither of them had ever done anything like it before.

The Corvette one is called the "Civette". It should be pretty easy to find since a lot of sites caught onto it.

If the OP really plans to modify the rear end so drastically, he'll probably want to look into the body styling after said work is done.

Btw, which engine is the OP planning on using?

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this thread is kind of useless now...mid engine civic? come on. you guys ever see the dual engine audi?

moleykart

5+ Year Member
I do respect what people are saying, and I do anticipate the task I am setting myself, but I purely just would like to know what bodykits are out there so I can either buy them then modify them etc. plus I think ready made ones would be suitable, especially to start off.

As with any car, it isn;t going to be perfect first time out, and tweakins and tinkering will be needed.

Back on the subject I found a nice front bumper which I can modify to scuplt some wide arches into - Honda Civic Drifter 1 Bumper.

I found it by accident at work, and now for love of god I can't find a picture of it anywhere!!!! :evil:
I'm sure you guys/gals will know what I mean though.

Finished a rough design of the rear-end today too - as I said before it's just rough idea, just to see how everything will fit in.