2001 Civic EX heating issue

cubanboy1993

i just replaced my thermostat because there was no heat, and now it still doesnt give heat and the engine is over heating according to the gauge.!! i dont know what else could it be

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to provide far more detail. Why did you specifically decide to change the thermostat? Did you bleed the system afterwards? Do you have any leaks inside the cabin? Are you sure your heater core isnt the issue?

cubanboy1993

You need to provide far more detail. Why did you specifically decide to change the thermostat? Did you bleed the system afterwards? Do you have any leaks inside the cabin? Are you sure your heater core isnt the issue?
i changed the thermostat because i thought that was the problem that was causing it to not heat up

and what do you mean by bleed the system?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So you "thought" but didnt research. Thats your first mistake. If you don't know what it means to bleed the system then you need to do research.
Start here :arrow: http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/search/

I suggest you flush your entire coolant system, meaning the radiator and the engine block. You might have a blockage. Research what that means because you need to know and learn how to research about what you dont know. This site is already loaded with all the information you need before asking any questions. Do that then get back to us.

Also, a "helpp" title does nothing to encourage knowledgeable assistance from most members, so I changed it for you. In the future write useful titles that are short & to the point. Dont forget to include your car info either, as you did here.

dancam

Registered VIP
Its easy to wreck your head gasket by not bleeding the air out after changing the thermostat. You need to do research before changing parts if you dont know enough about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk