2002 Civic LX 5 speed Coupe Exhaust???

morganjoseph

HI im looking into getting a new exhaust on my car ( Cat back) and i went down to the local exhaust company and they said they could put a pipe from my cat back to a glass pack into a pipe into a magnaflow exhaust. I told them i wanted a deep sound. will this do it? It's between 300 and 400 dollars to do this. I like the sound of The Apexi N1 exhaust, everywhere i seem to find this exhaust its over 600 dollars and im not looking to spend quiet that much. does anyone have any ideas on exhaust or info on a magna flow exhaust with a glass pack??? thanks =)

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
Get the megan cat-back. I have it and it has a vary nice deep tone and also comes with a silencer which actually works pretty will. Only thing i would recomend after purchase would be to take it to your muffler shop and have them cut the resonator off and just weld piping in its place. Should only cost about 30$ to do this if that.
Here is a link: http://www.meganracingperformance.com/2001-2005-honda-civic-cat-back-exhaust-drift-series-megan-racin-p-172485.html

The muffler shop my try to sway you from cutting the resenator off but i promise you it dose no good and dose nothing for the tone. My shop said it would make it louder but there was NO difference what so ever. Hope this helps.

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
If yours is a 2 door it will be fine. If its a 4 door i am not sure but i do now it will not be to off so that the muffler shop cant make it work.

Liquidforce144

I have a 2002 Civic LX coupe and YES the EX part does certainly matter. On our LXs, the cat is built into the headers so the header is shorter and your midpipe is longer. On the EX, the header is catless and is longer going down to the midpipe.