2002 Civic Type R Ep3 won't start after alarm removal

Simon1986

Hi guys, new member so not entirely sure this is in the right place, anyway!!

I recently purchased an EP3 Type R, pre face-lift, but had problems with the fob and Hamilton Palmer alarm from the go.

It got to the point where I was trapped inside the car unable to get out with a broken fob and constant alarm sounding!

Due to this I have removed my alarm - this is where is gets a bit more complex....

Basically I've cut the H&P alarm out from under the dash, reconnected all the wires on the fuse box connection plugs as well as the ABS circuit board, and all was well and good, up to a point ....

Essentially the car will now crank, but won't start, the fuel pump isn't receiving any power, so the engine can't start.

Any tips on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gotta find out why the fuel pump isn't receiving power. My guess is you didn't remove all of the alarm wiring and its acting as a fuel cut. I would grace the fuel pump supply wire and figure out where it leads.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
some people ad a separate fuel pump kill switch on top of the alarm and hide the switch did you come across anything like that when removing wires ??? there also could be a problem with the bypass for the immobiliser did your car also have remote start does the green key light up when you try to start the car ???

Last edited:

Simon1986

some people ad a separate fuel pump kill switch on top of the alarm and hide the switch did you come across anything like that when removing wires ??? there also could be a problem with the bypass for the immobiliser did your car also have remote start does the green key light up when you try to start the car ???
No, I didn't come across a separate switch, the green key goes off, it's desperately trying to start, but the pump just won't engage, I'm going back to all my solder points to make sure nothings come loose when I've plugged it all back in, hopefully it's something as simple as that

Simon1986

comp
Gotta find out why the fuel pump isn't receiving power. My guess is you didn't remove all of the alarm wiring and its acting as a fuel cut. I would grace the fuel pump supply wire and figure out where it leads.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
The loom for the alarm is completely removed and I've resoldered all of the connection points back to their original colour coded companions on the ecu block etc. Im hoping one of them came loose when I put them back together

Simon1986

Right, I've managed to find a work around now, and think I've found the main problem too. Sadly, the weather is getting to bad to fix it properly at the minute as I don't have a unit or garage to use, so I'm going to tackle it in the summer.

Basically I've had to grace the fuel pump to the ignition for now, so when the key gets turned the pump kicks in. I've tested to see if it disengages when the inertia switch is knocked, and that's all good - so it's safe to be driven!

Thanks for the help